cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746g - syntax error: unterminated quoted string

JGonz.2
Associate II

I am trying to set up a simple project in STM32CubeIDE + TouchGFX and it returns me the following error: c:

/st/stm32cubeide_1.1.0/stm32cubeide/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_1.1.0.201910081157/ tools / bin / sh: syntax error: unterminated quoted string

I already followed this tip from Martin:

"The issue was simply copying" \ Middlewares \ ST \ TouchGFX \ touchgfx \ framework \ source \ platform \ "into the Library Path settings. If you select the folder through" Add ..-> Workspace " it should be correct and not cause an error. " But it did not work.

I tested CubeMX + TouchGFX + Ac6, CubeMX + TouchGFX + Atollic and two different versions of STM32CubeIDE (1.1.0 and 1.2.0). All unsuccessful attempts. Bugs after creating the GUI project or changing the user's own code in the comment protected area are the most common. I am using CubeMX 5.3.0 and TouchGFX 4.13.

Honestly it is very frustrating to try to use the official tools of ST and come across so many bugs.

14 REPLIES 14

I've seen this error a few times with users now "unterminated quoted string" - I'll try to reproduce this when i have a few seconds of spare time.

/Martin

TAnto.1
Associate

Hi,

I have the same problem with the following configuration: STM32F767IG (external RAM), display with capacitive touch screen, STM32CubeIDE 1.1.0, TouchGFX 4.13.0 Designer.

The problem appeared after adding a new screnn in my TouchGFX project...

c:/st/stm32cubeide_1.1.0/stm32cubeide/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_1.1.0.201910081157/tools/bin/sh: syntax error: unterminated quoted string

make: *** [makefile:121: PNP_174_Abbattitore.elf] Error 2

"make -j12 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

I can't solve the problem with 1.1.0 version because this is the versione that I'm using.

Thomas

This tip (select "Alpha Constant" as the blending factor instead of Alpha Constant x Pixel Alpha) work for me too thank you.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet, on my end. Would it be possible for someone to share a faulty project?

/Martin

Hei Martin,

I've got the same problem and I think I've identified the cause:

When I click "create code" in the Designer it adds a corrupted line to the linker library search paths in the project file (see also attached screenshot).

<option IS_BUILTIN_EMPTY="false" IS_VALUE_EMPTY="false" id="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.cpp.linker.option.directories.1276840366" name="Library search path (-L)" superClass="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.cpp.linker.option.directories" useByScannerDiscovery="false" valueType="libPaths">
                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/LEDS_Firmware/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc}&quot;"/>
                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Middlewares/ST/TouchGFX/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc"/>
                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/framework/source/platform}&quot;"/>
                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${workspace_loc:/LEDS_Firmware/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc}&quot;}&quot;"/>  <---this is the problematic line
                </option>

Sadly, I don't have a solution 😅 For now I have to erase the entry manually every time I made a change in the Designer.

If you'd like, I could send you a stripped down version of the project. Where would I be able to do that?

Kind regards

Christoph