cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE and TouchGFX 4.10.0: Resolving compilation issues

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi everyone,

I've removed the previous, textual guide. Instead, here's a video guide on how to get CubeIDE and TouchGFX working on an STM32F746G-DISCO board. I accidentally exported the video in 720p but have created a 1080p version. Leaving both links here because the 720p version may have useful comments and resolutions:

1080p: https://youtu.be/VOs2LYO7wSA

720p: https://youtu.be/xZ0pPhQCQUY

And here's the project i created and modified:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000At0N95SQE/cubeide-100-touchgfx-4100-working-project-inside-stm32f746gdisco

(NOTE: This project does not have the modifications from our STM32F746G-DISCO/CubeMX article).

Best regards,

Martin

95 REPLIES 95
ALomb
Senior

Forget it.

As described in in Configuring STM32F746G-DISCOVERY:

"It is recommended that the "Execute" action is only performed once during project creation ..."

I tried to open the .touchgfx file directly with the TouchGFX Desiner, made changes and then compiled into STM32CubeIDE. All project settings are unchanged.

Everything works.

Great!!

Hi @Community member​,

Back from vacation. Glad you solved it. The user experience could be improved and we're working on making that happen, slowly 🙂

gerda.girdz
Associate II

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

I was trying to follow the tutorial with the STM32F469 discovery kit. Everything worked fine until the point, where the display (without touch) should work after flashing the target. It deleted the touchGFX project that was on it before, the LEDs turned on, but the display went black.

I took a look at the default device configurations of the discovery kit (in STM32CubeIDE) and it looks like the display size does not match the actual display in the original kit. The size should be 800x480, but is configured as 480x272 and won't let me change it.

Build and debug is ok, it doesn't give me any errors. Do you know anything about this/what the problem might be? I somehow hope that it has something to do with the default device configurations, so the display is not activated correctly but then again I would not know what to do about that either.

Kind regards,

Gerda

I recently went through the same process for the STM32F769-Discovery kit and had a similar result. No compile errors and when debugging to the kit, the screen was black. I have not been able to get it to work, but I was able to change the size. I could edit the X and Y sizes in CubeMX's Middleware > Graphics > Configuration TouchGFX section. Are you trying to edit the size in the TouchGFX section or the "Parameter Settings" section?

0690X00000AA7pBQAT.png

In my case I could edit the sizes in the TouchGFX section but not the "Parameter Settings" section which showed a size of 200x480:

0690X00000AA7pfQAD.png

But like I said, I still couldn't get anything on the Discovery kit's screen (it does work if I create a project in TouchGFX and use it's "Run Target" button).

Yes, I had tried this before, exactly the same here. I guess we're stuck at the same point.

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Thanks for your video! I'm trying to follow these same steps on a STM32F7508-DK board. I'm facing some issues to load the board with my code... Since the STM32F7508 MCU has an 64KB internal FLASH, application needs to fun from QSPI FLASH. I know Ihave to adjust the STM32F750N8HX_FLASH.ld file to set external FLASH address. In the F7508 board configuring tutorial it states how to do that for EWARM but not for Cube IDE.

Could you please give some help? I've tried to run a CUBE F7 repository project and it builds but does not run o the board, even if using Cube Programmer and the bootloader on internal flash...

Thanks a lot!

Attached is my STM32F750N8HX_FLASH.ld file

You say it won't let you change the dimensions. Can you show me a screenshot?

Thanks.

/Martin

It actually is exactly the same that scottSD posted. I can change it in the TouchGFX section, but not in the Parameter Settings when configuring the graphics. But in the end it doesn't change anything when debugging - the display stays black.

The TouchGFX moduie inherits some settings from the LTDC, display size, for instance.