cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Packs (TouchGFX) option missing for new STM32CubeMX project

Paul1
Lead

I'm trying to create a new module for use with TouchGFX, not an ST demo board, but our own custom PCB.

TouchGFX seems to allow only creating projects for existing demo boards (nucleo, etc.). When I do this I get an ioc file, and it shows TouchGFX under Software Packs in STM32CubeMX.

How do you create a project for a new PCB that can be used with TouchGFX? When I try creating a project fresh in STM32CubeMX the option for Software Packs (TouchGFX) doesn't appear. I know the software pack is installed since it works fine when example generated in TouchGFX.

We are trying to create a new project with an STM32L4R9 and a new LCD with MipiDSI interface. DSI LCD samples I have are 800x480 with RPi flex connection which should connect to the STM32L4R9I-DISCO using B-LCDAD-RPI1 adapter (we hope).

Been using this unsuccesfully:

Also:

• Has anyone gotten a DSI Display to work with an STM32?
  • How about a DSI display different from the nucleo and other demos?
  • With an STM32L4R9?

Paul

10 REPLIES 10

There are many manuals out there I agree it is difficult to find what is relevent, but I highly recommend going through our online documentation when working with TouchGFX.

As you said the forum is there for that, for users and ST employees to try to help each other.

/Romain