cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving UART Data disordered

Oussama_Baklouti
Associate II

i'm using touchgfx h750DK to send a frame to an f446re st board then receive data from the board to the touchgfx 
the data sent are good but the data received are disordered although i have the same configuration in both sides  

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

What, exactly, do you mean by, "disordered" ?

How do you verify that, "the data sent are good" ?

There's no way that UART frames can change their order on the wire, so it must be in your software.

Do your UART comms work well without TouchGFX ?

You'd need to make an effort to synchronize a byte stream. And identify the first byte in a sequence or packet.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

the data i received are not int the same order of sending 

You have a bug in your software. You should debug your code to find the source of the error and correct it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

So how, exactly, are you connecting the two units?

The more details you share, the quicker and easier it is to get to a solution:

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228

Again, the data cannot possible get reordered on a simple wired connection - so either you're not just using a simple wired connection, or the problem has to be in your (receiving) software.

You didn't say how you've confirmed that the transmission is fine.

Nor whether your UART comms work well without TouchGFX ?

What investigation/testing/debugging have you done to find what's going wrong?

Is there any pattern the "reordering"?

You'll need to make a much more effective presentation of your issue, showing code and each end, and scope traces proving in-order dispatch.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SofLit
ST Employee

Related thread: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-touchgfx-and-gui/problem-while-sending-a-lin-frame-from-touchgfx/td-p/711283

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.