cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 and / or TouchGFX 1.21.3

TLang.5
Associate II

Hi,

I have updated last Friday CubeIDE, CubeMX and TouchGFX to the latest versions. I am working on a simple program displaying data by TouchGFX coming in via CAN bus. First issue was that the compiler told me that cmsis_os2.h is missing. For I was not able to fix this problem I uninstalled CubeIDE, CubeMX and TouchGFX and completely reinstalled

it. I newly have written a simple sample in TouchGFX and imported it to CubeIDE on the new virgin environment. All went fine until I entered CubeMX and generated the code. Compiling this unchanged code showed no errors but it was impossible to flash the board. What I am doing wrong? Has somebody else noticed this strange behaviour? Is there missing some software during installation of the programs?

Thanks for your help.

Thilo

7 REPLIES 7
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @TLang.5​ 

Frist let me thank you for posting.

Could you provide a description of the steps you made that let to this behavior to occur?

Also some screenshots of the error message could be helpful to understand the situation and be able to provide the help.

BR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TLang.5
Associate II

Hi @Semer CHERNI​ ,

I updated to TouchGFX 4.21.3, STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 and STM32CubeMX 6.8.0. At the first compilation I had an error telling that cmsis_os2.h was missing. For I couldn’t fix the problem instantly I totally deinstalled these 3 programs and reinstalled them. For testing I coded a simple demo in TouchGFX and imported it into CubeIDE without any problems. When opening CubeMX I got messages (image 4a + 4b). This project was definitely set up with TouchGFX 4.21.3 and should be encluding STMCubeMX V6.8.0. There should not be a message to ‘continue’ or ‘migrate’. A message that TouchGFX 4.21.3 is unknown is not o.k..

Further more it is impossible to install CMSIS-Pack by the embedded software manager. Those packages are missing - at least for STM32F7 (image 5a + 5b).

How can I install these packeges by hand or when you will have fixed this problem? I’m working with Windows 10 and with STM32F769 Disco.

Thanks

Thilo

TLang.5
Associate II

0693W00000aJQt0QAG.jpg0693W00000aJQtAQAW.jpg0693W00000aJQt9QAG.jpg0693W00000aJQt9QAG.jpg

Hello @TLang.5​ 

I see that a colleague have provided an answer about installing the pack form local repository in an other post.

Problems with TouchGFX 4.21.3, STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 and STM32CubeMX 6.8.0 for STM32F769 Disco

Was his instructions clear and helpful or you are still unable to install the pack.

BR,

Semer

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TLang.5
Associate II

Hi @Semer CHERNI​,

cmsis_os2.h is still missing:

".../TouchGFX/target/generated/OSWrappers.cpp:23:10: fatal error: cmsis_os2.h: No such file or directory"

Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @TLang.5​ ,

Try to check application template version that you are using.

We noticed sometimes that CMSIS v1 does not work on some board but V2 works and vice versa.

As shown in this screenshot, STM32F769 Disco is working correctly with CMSIS_V2

0693W00000aJlJ2QAK.png 

Thanks,

TLang.5
Associate II

Hi @Rim LANDOLSI​ ,

my setting is already CMSIS_V2 but it is good to know that this could cause an error. Up to know I didn't have this on the screen.

Thanks

Thilo