cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with TouchGFX 4.21.3, STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 and STM32CubeMX 6.8.0 for STM32F769 Disco

TLang.5
Associate II

Hi,

last Friday I updated to TouchGFX 4.21.3, STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 and STM32CubeMX 6.8.0. At the first compilation I had an error telling that cmsis_os2.h was missing. For I couldn’t fix the problem instantly I totally deinstalled these 3 programs and reinstalled them. For testing I coded a simple demo in TouchGFX and imported it into CubeIDE without any problems. When opening CubeMX I got following messages (image 4a + 4b). This project was definitely set up with TouchGFX 4.21.3 and should be encluding STMCubeMX V6.8.0. There should not be a message to ‘continue’ or ‘migrate’. A message that TouchGFX 4.21.3 is unknown is not o.k..

Further more it is impossible to install CMSIS-Pack by the 'embedded software manager'. Those packages are missing - at least for STM32F7 (image 5a + 5b).

How can I install these packages by hand or when you will have fixed this problem? I’m working with Windows 10 and with STM32F769 Disco.

Thanks for your reply

Thilo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello TLang.5,

You should be able to get this up running by following these steps :

1- Navigate to this link: X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX - TouchGFX advanced and free of charge graphical framework optimized for STM32 microcontrollers - STMicroelectronics

2- At the bottom, click on download the latest version :

0693W00000aJdVQQA0.png3- Open STM32CubeMX > Help > Manage embedded software package

4- Click on "From Local" and select the zip file dowloaded at step 1.

0693W00000aJdb3QAC.png0693W00000aJdeHQAS.png 

5- Accept usage license (popup during installation)

6- Check if the X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.21.3 is installed

0693W00000aJdegQAC.png 

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
t.decker
Senior II

Hi @TLang.5​,

I had the same issue. Have a look at the comments of this release note: TouchGFX 4.21.3 is out! - Supporting FreeRTOS on STM32U599DK

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.
Piranha
Chief II

By the way, the message in the third picture shows:

• The first and the last sentences lacks the dot at the end.
  • In the second sentence the word "Use" is written with a capital letter in the middle of the sentence.
  • The last sentence lacks the space after the comma.
  • The commas in the last two sentences are unnecessary.
  • At least the last two sentences are in a terribly broken English.

It clearly shows the Cube team's attitude and attention to details...

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello TLang.5,

The "Migrate" message is something we're currently working on; we are updating all our TBSs and Demos with STM32CubeMX6.8 so you won't get this message in future. Concerning the warning about unknown X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX.4.21.3, I invite you to follow the steps described by @Romain DIELEMAN​ in this thread.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
TLang.5
Associate II

Hi Oskt,

thanks for your post.

I reloaded TouchGFX 4.21.3 as Romain suggested. This brought no result. Both warnings are unchanged. It confirmed my guess that the problem is in the incomplete installation of CubeMX 6.8.0. Further more I checked whether there is a new .zip for CubeMX 6.8.0. Unfortunately it today (23.03.23) has exactly the same bit size as on 13.03.23. So the CubeMX-team did nothing up to now. For I am not the only victim please help to get them working. Without having installed the "CMSIS-Pack" CubeMX is useless. Please contact the supervisor of that team. To fix this mistake should not be a real problem for those people. Tomorrow I am blocked for one week.

Thanks for your help.

Thilo

Hi @t.decker,

I have seen this post for the new release which prompted me to update. It is really not a good idea to hide a draw back behind the posting of a new release and dozens of lines showing the improvements of the last three versions. So I had the same aha moment like you.

Regards

Thilo

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello TLang.5,

You should be able to get this up running by following these steps :

1- Navigate to this link: X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX - TouchGFX advanced and free of charge graphical framework optimized for STM32 microcontrollers - STMicroelectronics

2- At the bottom, click on download the latest version :

0693W00000aJdVQQA0.png3- Open STM32CubeMX > Help > Manage embedded software package

4- Click on "From Local" and select the zip file dowloaded at step 1.

0693W00000aJdb3QAC.png0693W00000aJdeHQAS.png 

5- Accept usage license (popup during installation)

6- Check if the X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.21.3 is installed

0693W00000aJdegQAC.png 

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
TLang.5
Associate II

Hi Oskt,

step 4, to call TouchGFX.zip by clicking the "From Local ..." button is important. I have done it directly by clicking the zip-file in the download area. That does not work!

Many thanks

Thilo