cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFFICIAL RELEASE: X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX v4.13.0

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Goodmorning everyone!

With the release of CubeMX 5.5.0 we've removed TouchGFX from the Middleware section of CubeMX and are now offering TouchGFX configuration through an X-CUBE.

The X-CUBE pack contains the following:

1. TouchGFX Designer .msi, as per usual
  2. TouchGFX Generator - A tool through "additional software" for creating your TouchGFX HAL based on CubeMX settings.

CubeMX is a tool for configuring your MCU.

CubeMX is not a tool for completely configuring peripherals like touch controllers and external memories.

TouchGFX Generator (new since 4,13) is a CubeMX extension that can generate all or parts of your TouchGFX HAL Layer based partially on settings taken from your MCU configuration in CubeMX.

TouchGFX Generator (new since 4,13) is not a tool that provides complete configurations for touch controllers, external memories, etc. It only generates the TouchGFX HAL - Rendering strategies, acceleration strategies, etc.

TouchGFX Designer is a tool that can supply you with application templates for existing stm32 display kits. We are working on getting all of them updated to use the new Generator.

Please read the following guides for instructions on how to install the new TouchGFX X-CUBE and how to use the TouchGFX Generator to develop your TouchGFX HAL:

From now on it is the X-CUBE that receives a version bump, bumping the version of both tools contained within.

A few application templates already support the new TouchGFX Generator (and thus CubeMX 5.5.0), with lots more to come. One of our main priorities is to get the rest of the application templates ported to use the TouchGFX Generator,

• STM32H7BI-DK v.3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32F746-DISCO v.3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32F769I-DISCO v.3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32H750B-DK v3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32F750-DK v3.0.0 (in progress)
  • STM32L4R9-DISCO v3.0.0 (in progress)
  • STM32L4P5-DISCO v3.0.0 (in progress)
  • STM32H743-EVAL v3.0.0 (In progress)

Generally, any application template that supports the Generator/CubeMX 5.5.0 will be major version 3.

0690X00000BviXRQAZ.png 

0690X00000BviXWQAZ.png

Let me know here if you have any questions or face any issues! We're eager to see how this works for everyone.

Now that we are officially live with X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX we'll continue working on improving documentation, offering support and updating the current application templates you can find through the designer.

Aside from that i'll do my best to catch up on this community, something i've had to neglect a bit because of the new Generator.

Best regards,

TouchGFX Generator Team

162 REPLIES 162

I have no idea where the CubeMX log is stored, looked for it under AppData but did not see.

Do you want me to communicate with the CubeMX team directly (how?) or do you prefer we will continue doing it through you?

I'll make an inquiry for you, that's probably easiest.

You can find the logs here:

C:\Users\egoltzman\.stm32cubemx\STM32CubeMX.log

Attached is the STM32CubeMX.log of the problem

Thanks, Eyal. I'll check it out and notify someone.

Thanks Martin!

I should have figured that one out on my own. :sad_but_relieved_face:

I do appreciate the capability of being able to have multiple versions of these tools installed.

Hi!

I have the same problem.

I created the STM32F746G_DISCO template in TouchGFX and I generated code. After that I opened the project with CubeMX.

I tyried to generate code but It return the same error.

For curiosity I changed the Toolchain/IDE from "STM32CubeIDE" to "Other Toolchains" (I don't have it) and "Generate code" didn't return any error.

If I try with EWARM, the only error returned is that I haven't EWARD installed.

I hope it is helpful to resolve the problem.

Alberto

Asantos
Senior

Martin,

I have the STM32F746G discovery board and the STM32H743I-EVAL board. Is there a step by step tutorial of how to generate a simple TouchGFX project for one of this boads?

Is it now possible to generate a TouchGFX projects without using RTOS?

Yes it is! It's an option from the Generator to not use one, use cmsis v1 or v2 configured from CubeMX, or a custom os. You'll get an OSWrapper that does not use any RTOS primitives.

For your boards - Are you just looking to get started? The 746G-DISCO application templace V3 from the designer already supports the Generator and has an ioc file that can be opened in CubeMX 5.5 - H743 doesn't yet, but you can still try it out from the designer! 🙂

/Martin

Got some feedback from CubeMX team. Please send us these two folders C:\Users\<user name>\.stm32cubemx and C:\Users\<user name>\.stm32cubeide

/Martin