cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-L452RE-P with TouchGFX

Tom83
Associate II

Hello everyone !

My problem is quite simple. I'm just trying to display text on the GFX01M2 LCD screen which is plugged into my NUCLEO-L452RE-P card.
I created a project from STM32CubeIDE and then imported the screen drivers from the NUCLEO-U083RC + GFX01M2 example on TouchGFX.

I have configured all the peripherals necessary to operate the screen (both spi, dma etc...)
You will find a photo of my microcontroller configuration.

I haven't found an example that uses this microcontroller. Can you help me ?
THANKS 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No problem!

"I would like to test displaying a text (or a few pixels) but this time without using TOUCHGFX and with as little code as possible."

I assume you have to import/include the drivers for your screen and they usually come with standard functions such as fill screen, draw pixel, rotate screen but also some function to display text.

"I looked at the doc you provided me but I'm not sure if it is suitable for my application."

This is the standard process to make a custom board + screen combo work on TouchGFX. It is applicable if you want to use TouchGFX but it is not applicable if you want to display a text without using TouchGFX.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @Tom83 and welcome to the community!

I haven't found an example that uses this microcontroller. Can you help me ?

We do not provide examples for every single microcontroller, this would be way too much work. We do have examples for the L4 family with the L496G DK and the L4R9I (DK and Eval).

I am not sure what you want me to help with.
I guess you need help doing the setup for your board + display combo.
It seems you have done a good part of the setup yet but I assume it is not working.
You should read our documentation about board setup : board-bring-up 

Feel free to come back to me if you have other questions.

If the comment answers your question, I invite you to select it as "best answer".

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

This site doesn't really help me.
I'm using the GFX01M2, so I imported the MB1624ButtonController, MB1624DataReader and MB1624DisplayDriver files.

I see that in these files most of the files are already implemented and that I only need to change the names of certain variables which correspond to my pin names.

Using the debug I noticed that my program never executes and remains stuck in the TouchGFXHAL::initialize() function at this call: HAL::getInstance()->backPorchExited();

That this means ? I don't really understand this call.

THANKS.

Tom83_1-1716979307697.png

You have copied this file from the U083 TBS (TouchGFX Board Setup).

Not all TBS are similar, they are board specific.

When looking into the U083 TBS project, I can see in the HAL.cpp file :

/**
     * Has to be called from within the LCD IRQ rutine when the Back Porch Exit is reached.
     * Has to be called from within the LCD IRQ rutine when the Back Porch Exit is reached.
     */
    virtual void backPorchExited()
    {
        swapFrameBuffers();
        tick();
    }

I am pretty sure you have not implemented a LCD Interrupt request routine.

Overall, just copying files from another TBS is not the right way of creating a new TBS.
You should look at the link I provided earlier.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

Hello @Tom83 ,

Have you been able to move forward with your project?

If one of the previous comment helped you solve your issue, I invite you to select it as "best answer".

If you are still encountering problems, I invite you to give us more information so we can help you.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

Hello @GaetanGodart,

Sorry for the delay, in the meantime I had some tasks to do.
Now, I have time to come back to the GFX01M2 LCD screen.
Using the NUCLEO-G071RB I managed to have some fun with the GFX01M2 screen

However, now I have some memory problems.

I would like to test displaying a text (or a few pixels) but this time without using TOUCHGFX and with as little code as possible.
Can you tell me how I can do this?

I looked at the doc you provided me but I'm not sure if it is suitable for my application.

Thank you for your help.

No problem!

"I would like to test displaying a text (or a few pixels) but this time without using TOUCHGFX and with as little code as possible."

I assume you have to import/include the drivers for your screen and they usually come with standard functions such as fill screen, draw pixel, rotate screen but also some function to display text.

"I looked at the doc you provided me but I'm not sure if it is suitable for my application."

This is the standard process to make a custom board + screen combo work on TouchGFX. It is applicable if you want to use TouchGFX but it is not applicable if you want to display a text without using TouchGFX.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart