cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No texts shown on the screen after CubeMX generating code on STM32G071 Nucleo with TouchGFX

Q8
Associate II

I made a copy of a woking project becase I wanted to make some modifications, then I enabled UART1 on CubeMX and re-generated the files from CubeMX.

Then I get some errors building: "error: 'RCC_CFGR_SWS_HSE' undeclared", but deleting the system_stm32g0xx.c file and regenerating code generate the correct file.

Then I could flash it but I found a visualization problem, all the texts that where on the project don't show up on the display, I can see the widgets and the code is working, but there are no texts...

Used CubeMX v6.2, CubeIDE v1.6, TouchGFX v4.16 and STM32G071 Nucleo.

CubeMX: X-CUBE_TUCHGFX v4.16, STM32G0 v1.4.1.

I attached the original working project created in TouchGFX designer with a template for the STM32G071 NUCLEO, and then the one I changed the uart and regenerated the code with CubeMX.

6 REPLIES 6
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello Q8,

First thank you for specifying all the software versions you are using. ^^ This is useful and people tend to forget about writing them explicitly.

To start off, can you try using STM32G0 v1.3.0 instead ? You can manually change the software package in CubeMX.

/Alexandre

Q8
Associate II

I have te package STM32G0 v1.3.0 instaled but it doesn't let me choose it, only v1.4 and v1.4.1. Can I do it choosing the frimware location manually from STM32Cube_FW_G0_V1.3.0?

I made a new copy of the original working project and I browsed the location manually, but frimware package name and version don't change I don't know if it is using the right firmware...

0693W000008x7ZrQAI.pngI generated the files and then the building error didn't show and compiled with no errors, but when I flashed the nucleo the same happened, the texts don't show up.

Hi,

By browsing to the v1.3.0 folder you will select the right FW package, I agree that it would be better if it was written if you are using the one you want or not.

Could you share a screenshot of your error ? When I try to run your project that is not working from TouchGFX Designer I get an issue with the external flash. Is it the same for you ? Could you check your memory usage (what IDE/toolchain are you using ? STM32CubeIDE?) ?

/Romain

OK so even with the "working project" you shared I cannot display text as well 😅This is odd, but I face the external memory issue as well with the second project so try to investigate that first.

/Romain

Q8
Associate II

Yes, I used CubeIDE, ​I didn't had the memory issue, it complied with no errors. Maybe I uploaded the wrong project, on Monday I will investigate that. But if you replicated the problem with the other project, that is my main concern.

Q8
Associate II

I downloaded the not working project and it compiled with no flash error in my computer, with CubeIDE.

0693W000008xX6cQAE.pngWith the working one I have a little less memory usage, and the only difference is enabling uart1 on cubeMX and regenerating as I said. I don't know if that is concerning.

0693W000008xXELQA2.png