cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NeoChrom/GPU2D registers documentation

robvos
Associate

Will this peripheral ever be documented in detail? i.e. registers, interrupts, etc.

Or even a lightweight/low level library would be acceptable.

We may choose STM32U5 for a product but not if we are forced to use TouchGFX for good performance.

24 REPLIES 24

I am sorry to hear TDJ - you are most welcome to contact me directly on jorgen.mygind@st.com for further sharing and possible alignments - thank you 

@JMYGI The problem, as I see it, is much wider. Recent years ST, instead of supporting community open-source software, selects/builds proprietary closed-source technologies which lock customers into ST's solutions like ThreadX, TouchGFX, and now NemaGFX. It is a bright red flag. Even from mcuboot ST had to create own customized SBSFU solution.

Ofc, ST is for-profit company and it has to select the best strategy primarily to please the stakeholders, rather than engineers, but when such strategies are too aggressive clients simply go somewhere else. Especially because the whole software industry is more mature than it was 20yrs ago while, in my opinion, ST makes similar mistakes Microsoft made during Steve Ballmer era.

A Dutch company, three letters with an 'X' in the middle has it all!

At an even higher performormance (M7 @ 1GHz) + GPU2D!

The IDE is also eclipse-based, so you instantly will feel home!

We made the switch!

Three letters, with an 'X' in the middle?

@Jack3, I can give you more definite clue: just look what acceleration hardware is now supported by LVGL

Regards,

Dmitry