cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add TouchGFX 4.18 to STM32CudeIDE and MX?

Mecanix
Senior

Hi. I've followed the installation guidance found at https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/introduction/installation and can't get TouchGFX 4.18 to show up in neither STM32CudeIDE and STM32CudeMX (refreshed several times). Will this show up when an update list gets updated or is this a permanent removal from the ST's IDE toolchain? Thanks

0693W00000FDV2TQAX.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello,

Try to import the zip file manually. You just need to click on "From Local" and then select the zip file that you downloaded from https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-touchgfx.html

Sara0693W00000FDkA3QAL.png

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

I am able to see it on my side this is surprising. What version of STM32CubeMX are you using ?

You can always download it from ST's website and use the "From Local" option in the bottom left of your screenshot to install TouchGFX 4.18.0

/Romain

Svenn Dahlstrom
Associate III

I'm having the same issue.

Tried refresh updates from STM32CubeIDE V1.7.0 and STMCubeMX V6.3.0 but TouchGFX V4.18 is not showing up.

Hi @Romain DIELEMAN​ 

As requested, here's the list of my environment. Assuming there is a problem with the 1.7.0 version or installation, would you recommend uninstalling the entire IDE & MX toolchain and attempting a new installation to see if this fix the issue?

STM32CubeIDE

Version: 1.7.0

Build: 10852_20210715_0634 (UTC)

Java version: 11.0.10

STM32CubeMX 6.3.0

V.H
Senior

The offline DFP still not updated, TouchGFX is V4.18 now.

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello,

Try to import the zip file manually. You just need to click on "From Local" and then select the zip file that you downloaded from https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-touchgfx.html

Sara0693W00000FDkA3QAL.png

As Sara wrote try to install TouchGFX .18.0 manually. I do not believe it is necessary to uninstall and install the environment again.

Maybe try to open an internet browser like Microsoft Edge before opening STM32CubeMX 6.3.0 and checking for the latest version of TouchGFX.

Were you working from STM32CubeIDE with the STM32CubeMX view, or directly from STM32CubeMX ?

/Romain

Correct. I was and am working from STM32CubeIDE primarily. Occasionally need STM32CubeMX to load ST's examples but most dev (if not all nowadays) is going through STM32CubeIDE (libs, repos, updates, etc).

Kinda worried to hear the Embed Software Packages Manager works for you but does not for some of us. In the sense that firmware updates might go unnoticed by devs who uses the Cube env. I'll keep an eye open and see how that goes... I'll report back if this affects other updating services.

Thank you for the guidance Sara. Worked perfectly.

0693W00000FDnyLQAT.jpg

Mecanix
Senior

*Note*

After a manual From Local install; and if you can't find the 4.18.0 listed as per visual, initiate a Refresh from the active window, close CubeIDE/MX, and restart the session. Should appear at next start...

0693W00000FDpRoQAL.jpg