cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add TouchGFX 4.18 to STM32CudeIDE and MX?

Mecanix
Senior

Hi. I've followed the installation guidance found at https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/introduction/installation and can't get TouchGFX 4.18 to show up in neither STM32CudeIDE and STM32CudeMX (refreshed several times). Will this show up when an update list gets updated or is this a permanent removal from the ST's IDE toolchain? Thanks

0693W00000FDV2TQAX.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Yes you are right, this would be a shame if this went unnoticed so thanks again for reporting this. I have asked colleagues to investigate as well.

But I just thought of something. From the initial screenshot you shared you were looking at the "Install or remove embedded software packages" option. But did you go to the "Check for STM32CubeMX and embedded software package updates" before ?

0693W00000FDrrxQAD.pngIt is necessary to install the update first to then be able to install the package (which I find a bit strange, it should be something to see in the INSTALL/REMOVE option as well to avoid missing an update)

/Romain

Hi Romain

Thanks for passing those concerns over your team, seem to be an updating services problem at the user end indeed. Fwiw I had MX untouched by yesterday's manual install and therefore was able to give your recommendation a test.

All updating/refresh services connects properly and appears to update (as per visual below). I can confirm that the problem persist though, TouchGFX 4.18.0 for instance never shows up. Let me know if you need me to check something else e.g. another package update, or whether I'm good to go in uninstalling this entire environment, clean the PC and start over from scratch.

0693W00000FDs3PQAT.jpg0693W00000FDs3ZQAT.jpg 

Mind you here's another far more apocalyptic instability I've found with the package itself after installing it. Unrelated at first glance but could well be an entirely corrupted installation. I'll have the OS re-installed on a spare & clean workstation and re-install the entire toolchain when I have half-day free. I'll report back what I've found...

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001ALZbcSAH/touchgfx-418-and-stm32cubeide-unable-to-compile-videoss