cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GFX, STM32Cube IDE, STM32F746G-DISCO

ADębs.1
Senior

Hi

I have GFX Designer 4.16.1 and STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1. How to start working on the STM32F746G-DISCO.

greetings

Andrzej

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you do not use an application template then it would be better to start from STM32CubeMX and then generate a STM32CubeIDE project and a TouchGFX project.

/Romain

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

When you open TouchGFX Designer you can select the application template for the STM32F746G-DK board. This will give you a fully configured TouchGFX project. Have a look at the online documentation to discover and understand how to work with TouchGFX.

/Romain

ADębs.1
Senior

The template was generating errors for me. I prefer to start with an IDE project. But there are also comments here.

Andrzej

Hi,

Could you share a screenshot of the errors you faced ? This is not expected and I do not face any myself.

The application template will generate you a fully configured IDE project so you can use it as source of inspiration if you wish to not use an application template. Have a look at the documentation to understand the configuration steps. We usually recommend to start from STM32CubeMX but you can also access the STM32CubeMX interface through STM32CubeIDE.

/Romain

I will come back to the matter as the attention reappears. It was a missing file but it was a note marked with "?"

Is it better to start with CubeIDE or GFX?

Andrzej

If you do not use an application template then it would be better to start from STM32CubeMX and then generate a STM32CubeIDE project and a TouchGFX project.

/Romain

OK

Andrzej

The simulator reports an error. Main.ccp. Line 19 and 23.

#ifdef __linux__

int main(int argc, char** argv)

{

#else

#include <shellapi.h>😀

#ifdef _UNICODE

#error Cannot run in unicode mode

#endif

int CALLBACK WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)😀

{

int argc;

char** argv = touchgfx::HALSDL2::getArgv(&argc);

#endif

I'm sending an error file.

Andrzej