cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX: STM32F746G-DISCO V3.0 TouchGFX Application Template (CubeIDE)

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up regarding the new (v3.0) STM32F746G-DISCO application template. As some of you have experienced, when using CubeIDE, the project was referencing some non-existant files and the Post-Generate command (after pressing Generate Code in TouchGFX designer) was not able to clean these up, which it can for other IDE/project types.

When compiling some of you saw this error:

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/YetAnotherTest/TouchGFX/gui/src/logoargbbilinear127qspi_screen/LogoARGBBilinear127QSPIPresenter.cpp', needed by 'Application/User/gui/LogoARGBBilinear127QSPIPresenter.o'.  Stop.

I've fixed and uploaded the Application Template so you no longer have this issue. To fix it manually you can:

• Delete the file references from the .project file
  • Re-generate the project from CubeMX and then Generate Code from TouchGFX designer.

But, as said, going forward any project hat is based on STM32F746G-DISCO from the designer does not have these issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting the issue.

/Martin

20 REPLIES 20

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​

Any update from the CubeIDE team on this 🙂

Haven't heard anything. Pinging them now,

Francois1
Associate

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Same problem with F746G-DISCO no solution

(Read)Failed determine breakpoint type

Error! Failed to read target status

Debugger connection lost.

any news ???

Strange... I built a template for CubeIDE 1.3.0, based on the blank ui. When it comes to choose another template in designer (file -> new), on the left i can choose "application template" STM32F746Discovery Kit in V3.0.0 but on the right side all the ui templates are 1.0.0, 1.1.0 or 2.0.0... Absolutely nothing in V3. Also in "online applications" i see just one app for the H750B-board and two washerdemos in V1.0.0 (as in the picture above). Of course i changed from simulator to my f746-board V3, but the shown apps and templates never change ...

/Charly

dave239955_st
Associate

Exactly the same problem here. Seems CubeIDE isnt really ready for prime time :\

STM32H743-EVAL v3.0.0

For this tempelate is there, or still creation in progress?

It's there. Check it out.

Thank you, I got it.

😊

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

I have a fix for this CubeIDE debugger issue. I just forgot to upload a new template - Will get on it ASAP!

DSchm.3
Associate

Hello Martin, have you already uploaded the new template?