cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX: STM32F746G-DISCO V3.0 TouchGFX Application Template (CubeIDE)

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up regarding the new (v3.0) STM32F746G-DISCO application template. As some of you have experienced, when using CubeIDE, the project was referencing some non-existant files and the Post-Generate command (after pressing Generate Code in TouchGFX designer) was not able to clean these up, which it can for other IDE/project types.

When compiling some of you saw this error:

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/YetAnotherTest/TouchGFX/gui/src/logoargbbilinear127qspi_screen/LogoARGBBilinear127QSPIPresenter.cpp', needed by 'Application/User/gui/LogoARGBBilinear127QSPIPresenter.o'.  Stop.

I've fixed and uploaded the Application Template so you no longer have this issue. To fix it manually you can:

• Delete the file references from the .project file
  • Re-generate the project from CubeMX and then Generate Code from TouchGFX designer.

But, as said, going forward any project hat is based on STM32F746G-DISCO from the designer does not have these issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting the issue.

/Martin

20 REPLIES 20
tushar_tp
Associate III

Hello Martin,

I have installed TouchGFX 4.13 and I am not able to see the V3.0 templates in the online applications.

Where can I see the V3.0 templates?

Thanks,

Tushar

0690X00000BwUK1QAN.jpg

tushar_tp
Associate III

Sorry Martin, I forget to change the board from Simulator to specific boards. After Changing to Specific boards I am able to see v3.0.0 templates

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

That's quite allright 🙂 Glad you figured it out @tushar_tp​ 

/Martin

Asantos
Senior

Martin, thank you very much.

Now I can generate a touchGFX designer project using the F746-DISCO template that compiles for the STM32CubeIDE and for the EWARM. 

The RadioButton UI example don´t generate external QSPI code, so using this one, I can flash the board using the STM32CubeIDE and the EWARM.

If I use the ProgressIndicator UI example, that generate external QSPI code, I only can flash the board using the EWARM. 

For while it is not a problem to me because we use EWARM as IDE.

My challenge now is how to install the F746-DISCO template offline. Comparing the directory .../TouchGFX/4.13.0 of a computer without the template with the same directory of a computer with the template installed, I couldn't note difference.

egoltzman
Senior

I was able to build a project successfully with the F746 AT but when I try to debug it I get this:

Download verified successfully 
(Read)Failed determine breakpoint type
Error! Failed to read target status 
Debugger connection lost.
Shutting down...

I saw that it was happen to others, I did not found a solution here, did I missed it?

Having the same issue - Trying to investigate a bit.

I was using the F746G-DISCO and it had that issue in CubeIDE - But debugging is working fine for F769.DISCO.

egoltzman
Senior

Yes, I have also had this, and since the F746 did not worked I moved to the F69 that is working under the debugger

In dialogue with someone from CubeIDE team about this. Possibly related to GDB server.