cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear ST Developers, I think, that my problem is your bug

EEuge
Senior

Hello!

Problem is described here https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000YU9O3SAL/loading-object-code-error

I try to find reason of problem by creating new clear project.

I created project in cubeMX 6.1.1, configured SDRAM, LTDC, QSPI, DMA2D

Than I added to H743.SCT this section

LR_EROM1 0x90000000 0x2000000  {    ; load region size_region
 ER_EROM1 0x90000000 0x2000000  {  ; load address = execution address
*.o (ExtFlashSection)
 ;*.o (TextFlashSection)
*.o (FontFlashSection)
  }
}

Keil project downloading and startin without any problems

This project is here https://cloud.mail.ru/public/uUgS/jxTK5fmg1

NEXT STAGE

0693W000008G1yaQAC.png 

Than I edit project in TouchGFX editor, add one button, generate code, and build it in KEIL.

Than I download it to flash.

Then starting debug I get error, on this stage

0693W000008G1zEQAS.jpg 

this error

0693W000008G1zTQAS.jpg 

this error is not occured when I delete from H743.sct this code

LR_EROM1 0x90000000 0x2000000  {    ; load region size_region
 ER_EROM1 0x90000000 0x2000000  {  ; load address = execution address
*.o (ExtFlashSection)
 ;*.o (TextFlashSection)
*.o (FontFlashSection)
  }
}

But I need this code for keep pictures in QSPI.

HERE IS MODIFIED PROJECT

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/sw7P/yqm4vR2Wd

Please, anybody, who have H743 board, please, try to download both projects an answer me - what reason of problem?

25 REPLIES 25

I honestly still believe you may have not set TouchGFX correctly.

You wrote:

1. Generate project for Keil from CubeMX project
  2. Open TouchGFX project in TOuchGFX Designer and add one button
  3. Build project in Keil
  4. Run project with debugger

As I told you it is not enough to just configure TouchGFX in CubeMX and generate code. You shared only an ioc file which guides me again to this idea. If you look at the application template from the H743 evaluation board you can see for example in TouchGFXHAL.cpp in the /TouchGFX/target folder that there are user code in addition to what is generated. Same thing in the configuration of the QSPI in Core/main.c .

/Romain

0693W000008GZkDQAW.jpgMemory, Peripherals, Variables, Watches, etc anything that touches the 4GB address space of the processor

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

You wrote

"As I told you it is not enough to just configure TouchGFX in CubeMX and generate code. "

But same actions was enougth for STM32F746. And not enough for STM32H743.... How is it possible?

YOu wrote

"TouchGFXHAL.cpp in the /TouchGFX/target folder that there are user code in addition to what is generated. Same thing in the configuration of the QSPI in Core/main.c ."

And here is the QSPI configuration in main. c? Sorry, did you read the topic carefully? The error occurs during code loading, before it is run. At the moment when, for some unknown reason, the memory is accessed, it is the memory and should not be initialized. The question is not why it is not initialized, the question is why it is accessed before initialization.

The H7 is significantly more complex, that things works on the F7 is practically irrelevant to solving the problem here.

All instances here it is failing at the download/debug stage not the build stage.

Salient things to post would be the .AXF file, .MAP file, and the .UVOPTX file

What version of Keil MDK is being used? 5.33 is current

What STM32H7 pack is installed?

What version of CubeMX is being used? 6.1.1 is current

Focus on what's physically failing. All the signs point to QSPI, whether its the lack of a loader, or the debugger touching the memory.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

you added TouchGFX to the topic, i'm looking at the TouchGFX part. I was just commenting on your config and workflow.

I don't have the skills Tesla DeLorean have so I let you guys sort the qspi issue out.

/Romain