cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 5.1.0 GFX Simulator setup

MEder
Associate III

There is a new feature in CubeMX,  the GFXSimulator.  ​If I import settings the configuration then gets populated with the Simulator settings.  Seems backwards, and produces Clock errors.

I copied the Configuration to the simulator settings. Is the following correct for the STM32F746-Discovery Board?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
MEder
Associate III

Can anyone point me to the GFXSimulator Documentation?

The Links in CubeMX do not contain any useful information.

Thanks

Hi @MEder​ 

The configuration is correct.

Could you please explain to me more this clock error you got?

You can find more documentation of the GFX simulator in the official ST website: the user manual UM1718 Tutorial9.

Best regards,

Nesrine.

MEder
Associate III

​The Clock error that I had was from the mismatched display resolution between Simulator and Current configuration.

I am assuming 'Simulator' refers to the TouchGFX Designer simulator.  I guess if you setup the simulator and wanted the MCU to match it, you would 'import settings' , but with the prior version you would just set the graphics settings and go. Here the Simulator settings don't match the STM32F746-Disco board. You need to Set the Simulator with the Current configuration (manually).

Does this do more than just display performance metrics? Does it affect the Designer simulator at all?

Thank You

MEder
Associate III

​Also,  the Help links in CubeMX (ctrl-d) don't point to UM1718

Thanks

Hi @MEder​ 

Yes the configuration must be set manually.

Gfx simulator allows to see only the performance, you have to choose the modes and then configure these modes according to your application.

You can find UM1718 in the official website: St.com.

Best regards,

Nesrine.

HWu.19
Associate

Hi @Nesrine.JLASSI​ 

I have downloaded the latest version of UM1718(Apr. 2019) from st.com, but the content of Tutorial 10: Using ST-TouchGFX framework doesn't point the GFXSIMULATOR.

Thanks.