cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE 1.0.0 + TouchGFX 4.10.0: Working project inside (STM32F746G-DISCO)

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hello everyone,

Due to an increasing number of people having issues with CubeIDE and TouchGFX Integration i'm attaching a working project for STM32F746G-DISCO for your inspection - There were a good number of things to do before it worked, only some of which i highlighted in my quick-guide and even some of those steps were a bit ambiguous and could be executed in different ways.

I've written down what i've done to get this project working and i will use this in planning a video tutorial - It has to be somewhat official, so i can't simply start up the screencast and start talking. But i'll keep you updated.

/Martin

84 REPLIES 84

It's a sticky now in the TouchGFX sub-forum.

/Martin

Ah ok I didn't see you updated it. Thank you, I'll watch it !

I could have been more explicit about it 🙂 It's difficult to update everyone when you simply do an edit - Maybe have created a new post that i'd modified the sticky post, but that is also a bit excessive, i don't know, haha.

I hope you find it useful! some people have reported issues with the resolution being too high (I suppose when watching on low res devices). Let me know what you think,

​Hi Martin!

Thanks a lot for that video and all your work to help us doing the right things to get the code compiled :-)!

I had the same problem with the resolution like told later on by other community members (LCD Resolution Standard Office  1920 x 1200 Pixel), so sometimes I had to guess a little what you exactly wrote or activated inside CubeMX.

I try to watch it again at home  (much better equipment 😉 )...

Have a great day!

Marco

I realize that now. A simple mistake to forget to reduce the resolution - I may have to redo it and also go slower, and with more audio cues, i don't know.

Hope you can manage to make it work, otherwise let me know.

/Martin

Thanks for the explanation. My application will be very graphics intensive so we will likely be using quite a lot of QUADSPI flash.

Can you explain where this linker script is located in the project structure? I did find an "ioc" file which showed the flashsize that I had setup with CubeMX. This file is a configuration settings file which is not to be modified.

By the way, thanks for the video. It took me a while to find the TouchGFX sub-forum.

I will also suggest that you record in higher resolution because it is very difficult to make out some of the video.

Martin,

At about 8:30 of the video you add some TouchGFX libraries. You go to project properties > C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols then to the Libraries tab. I cannot read the text that you are adding there (because of the resolution of the video).

Can you elaborate on this or is there a textual based tutorial that would provide additional information that goes along with the video?

Hi @scottSD​,

First, i'll try to output the video in 1080p and see if that makes a difference. I hadn't noticed that a lower res was the default.

For gcc the linker script is an .ld file:

gcc/STM32F746NGHx_FLASH.ld

Regarding the library settings (I'm exporting a new video now in 1080p) i'm adding: "touchgfx-float-abi-hard". And for the library path i'm just searching for it inside Middlewares\ST\TouchGFX\touchgfx\lib\core\cortex_m7\gcc\

/Martin