cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE 1.0.0 + TouchGFX 4.10.0: Working project inside (STM32F746G-DISCO)

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hello everyone,

Due to an increasing number of people having issues with CubeIDE and TouchGFX Integration i'm attaching a working project for STM32F746G-DISCO for your inspection - There were a good number of things to do before it worked, only some of which i highlighted in my quick-guide and even some of those steps were a bit ambiguous and could be executed in different ways.

I've written down what i've done to get this project working and i will use this in planning a video tutorial - It has to be somewhat official, so i can't simply start up the screencast and start talking. But i'll keep you updated.

/Martin

84 REPLIES 84

@scottSD​ and @Community member​  Thanks for your feedback.

Scott I cannot agree with you more on your last statement. This is long over due now.

I have it on good authority that some of these issues were fixed in CubeIDE recently, for the next version of CubeIDE. We'd have to do some verification, naturally.

@Martin KJELDSEN​  Thanks for the update. Glad to know ST are working to fix these bugs in the next release. Please give us a rough estimate of the release timing.

Fairly confident that there'll be a CubeMX/CubeIDE release before the end of this year. Too rough? 🙂

/Martin

@Martin KJELDSEN​  Not really. You just told me you have no idea when its coming..=)

Hi Martin,

I've had the same errors as above from regenerating the code in the CubeIDE/CubeMx configuration tool.

I found a simple solution that seems to fix the issue for me:

After regenerating from the configuration tool, in CubeIDE, if you close the project on the workspace then reopen it (as shown in screenshots), it seems to build and flash without errors.

Hope this helps!

0690X00000AQvAAQA1.png0690X00000AQvA0QAL.png

Zeder N
Associate

Hello Martin!

Thanks you for your guide.

But when i add more picture into the project. An error occurred

..\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: abc_project.elf section `ExtFlashSection' will not fit in region `FLASH'
..\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: region `FLASH' overflowed by 398052 bytes

I think the default linker of Stm32ide not suitable for touchgfx. Can you show me how to fix it? Thanks you very much.

Hey @Zeder N​ 

You might want to have a look at my question about the same thing:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BI1CvjSQF/external-vs-internal-flash-memory-for-touchgfx-assets

Basically you have to change your linker script to include the QSPI regions AND include the drivers AND make sure you are loading the QSPI with the correct data. It's quite straightforward when you've done it 🙂

I've made a video guide on how to get the QSPI memory to work, available here: https://youtu.be/237lPdMsDZs

Listen to @HP​ ! He knows what's up.

/Martin

Zeder N
Associate

@HP​  @Martin KJELDSEN​  Thanks you!! It's worked for me:>