cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a TouchGFX (FreeRTOS) project for STM32F7 with CubeMX and KEIL ARM6 Compiler

patrickschneider9
Associate III

Hi guys,

I recently started working with TouchGFX and made some demos for the STM32F769-DISCO which all ran smoothly. Now I wanted to switch to the ARM6 Compiler and everything went down the drain, a lot of TouchGFX and FreeRTOS Compiler errors.

I tried researching the topic and to find some configuratoin parameters to switch libraries or something like that but wasn't successfull.

Can you point me in the right direction on how to switch automatically generated KEIL projects with TouchGFX and FreeRTOS from ARM5 to ARM6 compiler?

Thanks and cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
patrickschneider9
Associate III

Normally the IDE change must be done in CubeMX, in the Project Manager tab but here Keil compiler version 6 is not selectable.

So select Keil, the highest version, then generate the code.

Also re-generate the code from the Designer to take into account the IDE change from CubeMX (the Designer parses the .ioc file at code generation step).

Then adapt the Keil project settings as you did, changing to version 6.

Have you already gone through the steps defined here https://support.touchgfx.com/4.14/docs/miscellaneous/known-issues ?

These concern version 4.14 but it must be still present in 4.17 since the CubeMX tool does not seem to support Keil compiler version 6 properly yet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you please specify the STM32CubeMX, TouchGFX versions and share your .ioc file ?

Thanks,

Sara.

patrickschneider9
Associate III

Hi,

I already got an answer from your internal support team.

I'll post it here in case anyone else has the same problems:

patrickschneider9
Associate III

Normally the IDE change must be done in CubeMX, in the Project Manager tab but here Keil compiler version 6 is not selectable.

So select Keil, the highest version, then generate the code.

Also re-generate the code from the Designer to take into account the IDE change from CubeMX (the Designer parses the .ioc file at code generation step).

Then adapt the Keil project settings as you did, changing to version 6.

Have you already gone through the steps defined here https://support.touchgfx.com/4.14/docs/miscellaneous/known-issues ?

These concern version 4.14 but it must be still present in 4.17 since the CubeMX tool does not seem to support Keil compiler version 6 properly yet.