cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARM6 Compiler Support

PBull
Associate III

Hello,

I tried to port an TouchGFX-Application from ARM5-Compiler (ARMCC) to ARM6 (ARMCLANG). Both compilers are from KEIL (µVision).

Well it does compile, but it doesn't link:

Warning: L6869W: abstractpainter.o requested the Rogue Wave Standard C++ Library which has been removed from the product. This might cause link errors because libc++ is used instead.

Error: L6242E: Cannot link object abstractshape.o as its attributes are incompatible with the image attributes.

(There are a lot more linker errors)

I do believe the provided TouchGFX-Library is not compatible with ARMCLANG (and there is no other library supplied in ...\TouchGFX\4.10.0\touchgfx\lib\core\cortex_m7\Keil)

Is that the case, or did I miss something else?

31 REPLIES 31

Great. This patched version seems to work.

I will do some tests, but it does look good.

I presume you are going to test this library as well? Will there be an official release after successful testing?

Thanks again for your efforts!!!

The library will be a part of the next official release, yes. Nothing i can do right now other than offer it as an add-on and we'll do more rigorous testing when we get closer to release.

I'd be happy to hear back from you about performance. I'm only expecting it to improve, though 🙂

/Martin

Great, that's perfect.

Have a good day.

/Roman

Thanks, You too!

/Martin

aroni525
Associate II

Hi Martin,

I would like to refresh this topic and ask you if there are any plans regarding library for ARMCLANG?

I have been developing an app with touchGFX, but I prefer rather STM32CubeIDE than Keil as an developement enviroment. Everything worked fine for a long time of testing and evaluating. But when I moved to the Keil (because I have to use certified compiler in production) I hit this problem. I can't and I don't want to use ARM5 compiler, because I use C++14, therefore the best option is to use ARM6.

The library you compiled with arm6 works nice, but I am wondering if there will be any support for the future releases? I would like to be updated with all touchGFX features ( you do a great job), without an updated lib it can be harmful. I will have to ask you to compile it again one day :squinting_face_with_tongue:

@Edit.

Okay, I didn't notice the small button "More answers" at the bottom so I didn't read all posts. Now I can see that you plan to add this into the next version. I worked to much today that I missed it...

Arek

aroni525
Associate II

Sorry for a duplicate, but I cant remove this post...

There will most definitely be support in the next release 🙂 And yeah, this forum software isn't the best at getting an overview, haha.

/Martin

I still have a task to create one for M4.

/Martin

HI @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

I have come to the same conclusion as @PBull​. Sadly, it seems that this issue has not been completely resolved in the release 4.14 of TouchGFX.

If I try adding any Keil middleware to my project (which I need to), the "Short enums/wchar" (-fshort-enums -fshort-wchar) option has to be enabled.

Would it be possible to have a patch of the library with the short enum/wchar enabled? That would be very usefull.

Best regards,

Maxime

PBull
Associate III

Hi,

Martin was so kind to upload a "fixed" version for TouchGfx 4.14

Link

Maybe we will see "native" support in TouchGfx 4.15? @Martin KJELDSEN​