cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBSFU porting to a custom board!!

JChou.1
Associate III

Hi there..

It will great to have a walk through about porting the SBSFU on a custom boards!!!

I followed the instructions in the "Getting Started with SBSFU....." AppNote, but it's not working. I will highly appreciate you for any help.

Thanks

Jitu

7 REPLIES 7
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Jitu,

You also have the integration guide to help you in such task.

Now I agree a step by step guide would also be use full for easy starting.

Basically porting on a custom board consists in

1) Choosing the example from the same STM32 family as starting point if possible

2) Editing the used IDE configuration files to rename what needs to be renamed to adapt to your target: This step is not usually manadatory

3) Adapt the mapping to your flash (files in Linker_Common). Use documentation to understand underlying constraints (sector size, write protect size, etc ...)

4) Adapt the USART port used for interfacing with secure boot and application (header file located in target directory of SBSFU and example application)

5) Adapt the clocking to your target: use STM32CubeMX to generate your clocking and copy paste the generated fonction

6) Adapt the LED output or remove it

7) Adapt the push button GPIO used to force the firmware update

😎 Deactivate all secure protections to start debugging

I hope this few points will help

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hi do you know what file i should be looking at to change from a single bank to a dual bank?

Hello Mahme,

I would suggest creating your own request with a bit more details. From which to which, what setup, etc.

The implementation is basically not dependent on the presence of one bank or 2 except:

1) the flash driver that needs to know which bank to address

2) protection of the swap bank in some families

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hi Jocelyn,

Thnx for reply, I think, it needs more changes than above steps, anyway SBSFU is running on the custom board with dual image configuration(SBSFU V2.30),

but loading user firmware through sbsfu, it through error "FW CANN'T VERIFIED!" any idea!!!

I'll highly appreciate you for any help.

0693W000005BGs1QAG.png 

With regards

Jitu

Hello Jitu,

Well difficult to guess from that point what happenned.

First did you manage to load the SBSFU_UserApp.bin to the target and have it run properly ?

Best regards

Jocelyn

JChou.1
Associate III

Hi Jocelyn,

Now running everything correct, working on adapting the application for the SBSFU.

Any guide regarding building custom app image with SBSFU would be appreciated.

With regards

Jitu

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hi Jitu,

this point is addressed in our workshop recorded as MOOC.

First go to this link: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/support/learning/stm32-education/stm32-embedded-security-learning-journey.html

You get here our security videos.

Select: Part 6: STM32 security ecosystem, from theory to practice. The slides and the materials are provided on this page

hen select access to the course. It will lead you to Youtube series of videos.

The information you are looking for is in part 4 video: Experience SBSFU benefits.

Best regards

Jocelyn