cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the project-files, empty folder?

pk84
Senior

Hello,

I have created a sample project from Stm32CubeIDE, but there are no files in the specified location folder, see attached image.

I do not understand this? Where are the files? How is this linked?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It is probably a bit irritating, but Eclipse as the basis of STM32CubeIDE creates its own folder structure in the project, which does not necessarily correspond to the one on your physical project folder. At least what is labelled "User" in your screenshot has nothing to do with the Application\User folder.

Depending on the tool creating your project (STM32CubeIDE, TouchGFX, etc), you will find the files main.c, etc in the directories e.g. <prj>\Src or <prj>\Core\Src.

To find out the exact location of e.g. main.c in STM32CubeIDE:

• right-click on the file name
  • select Properties, which lists
    • Eclipse path

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It is probably a bit irritating, but Eclipse as the basis of STM32CubeIDE creates its own folder structure in the project, which does not necessarily correspond to the one on your physical project folder. At least what is labelled "User" in your screenshot has nothing to do with the Application\User folder.

Depending on the tool creating your project (STM32CubeIDE, TouchGFX, etc), you will find the files main.c, etc in the directories e.g. <prj>\Src or <prj>\Core\Src.

To find out the exact location of e.g. main.c in STM32CubeIDE:

• right-click on the file name
  • select Properties, which lists
    • Eclipse path

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
pk84
Senior

Ok, I see. Thank you

pk84
Senior

maybe one more question, if I insert an additional file at this location (see attachment picture), the file is not displayed in STM32CubeIDE.

How do I link this correctly?

0693W00000UnzfwQAB.png

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Inserting at the physical location is not sufficient because Eclipse does not permanently scan the (physical) folder structure for new files and therefore does not notice this.

Instead, you have to add a new file (source, header, etc) within the STM32CubeIDE, e.g. by drag'n'drop into the project. Details can be found in the reference manuals for the STM32CubeIDE, e.g. UM2553 or UM2609.

Regards

/Peter