cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usable ADC5 inputs on STM32G473: Alternative functions of PortD in datasheet incomplete?

ASand.1
Associate

We are trying to make our first large project with an STM32G473VE MCU in an LQFP-100 package, but there seems to be a discrepancy between the number of accessible ADC input pins for ADC5 between the datasheet (rev 3, last version) and what I can select in CubeMX and what is listed in the STM32G4 manual.

Speficically, the datasheet lists only lists the following inputs as alternative functions in table 12:

Pin   ADC5_INx

PD8   12

PD9   13

PA8   1

PA9   2

(found by searching for ADC5_IN)

However, in the G4 series reference manual RM0440, pages 392 to 393 (table 69), many more inputs are listed, and these are in agreement with what I can select in STM32CubeMX. For example, I can select ADC5_IN7 through ADC5_IN11 which corresponds to PD10 through PD14 and these pins are indeed physically present.

Is the datasheet incomplete and these pins are OK to use, or have I misunderstood something?

For my application, it would be very convenient if those analog input pins for specifically ADC5 are available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

And in case it's not clear, "ADC345_INx" is shorthand for "ADC3_INx, ADC4_INx and ADC5_INx".

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32g473qc.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Look at the recent datasheet and look also for "ADC345". there are more pins reachable by ADC5.

TDK
Guru

And in case it's not clear, "ADC345_INx" is shorthand for "ADC3_INx, ADC4_INx and ADC5_INx".

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32g473qc.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ASand.1
Associate

Ahh, thanks! I was not aware of this abbreviation. Then the documents are in agreement, and I will proceed as planned. Thanks!