Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART CONNECTIONS ON STM32H7B3I-DK

DRAME.1
Associate II

Hi Team

I have a DEVICE that provides me data via UART 

so i initially thought i can receive teh data to aurdino and send from arduino to STM32H7B3I-DK

However i feel its not convinent to do this 

I want to connect the UART device that sends the data and receive on STM32H7B3I-DK board Is this possible 

if so what pins are exposed for me to receive the data 

Can i directly connect the TX RX and GND (UART) of my device to Arduino pins of Arduino shield on my STM32H7B3I-DK

Approach one 

DATA DEVICE UART ---------------->ARDUINO BOARD------------------------->STM32H7B3I-DK

I find issue here, as i connect the UART DEVICE TO ARDUINO I read the data on TX D0 RX D1 pin 

I am not sure how can i take another from ARDUINO to STM32H7B3I-DK 

DATA DEVICE UART -------------------------------------->STM32H7B3I-DK(ARDUINO PORT)

Is this the correct approach to to this  

Summarzing My ultimate goal is to get data from mu UART DATA DEVICE and receive on STM32H7B3I-DK

so can i connect the UART DEVICE TX RX AND GN to STM32H7B3I-DK ARDUINO PORTS

will this Work

Thank you

Deepak R  

3 REPLIES 3

If the device outputs 3V3 CMOS level​ serial data you should connect it directly. I don't see the value of involving the Arduino, and any software could be ported to the STM32 platform.

The primary interface opertunities ​are the sheild connection, along with PMOD, CAMERA or other interface headers as provided.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DRAME.1
Associate II

Hi clive

I hope the Device outputs 3v3 Volts level serial data I am able to receive the Data on Arduino without any issue.

I hope the same levels are used on the STM32H7B31-DK Arduino shield as well and will work

Thnak you

Deepak R

Hopefully the device in question is reasonable well documented and you can just test it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..