cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition from 2x Teensy 4.0 boards to STM32H755xI

isaacjack
Associate II

Hello everyone, 

I'm exploring the feasibility of transitioning from 2x Teensy 4.0 boards to an STM32H755XI for a sensor-intensive application.

The project involves interfacing with 16 VL53L4CX sensors and managing their data acquisition and processing. The Teensy boards have been efficient so far, but I'm considering the STM32H755XI for potential performance improvements and to consolidate the design. Also, this would implemented on a custom-designed PCB rather than off-the-shelf components. 

I'm seeking guidance on whether the STM32H755XI is well-suited for handling multiple VL53L4CX sensors, particularly in terms of its I2C capabilities and ability to manage these sensors efficiently. If there are specific advantages or considerations to keep in mind when transitioning from the Teensy 4.0 to the STM32H755XI for this application, I would greatly appreciate any insights.

Thank you in advance for any advice or recommendations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

That depends on your application and the performance it needs. 

Teensy 4.0 boards has a 600MHz CM7 based MCU. Replacing 2x 600MHz by one dual core MCU running at 480Mhz is something challenging if originally your application is running at the perf limit of the current MCUs.

So in my opinion, you need first to evaluate the CPU load of your actual MCU.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

That depends on your application and the performance it needs. 

Teensy 4.0 boards has a 600MHz CM7 based MCU. Replacing 2x 600MHz by one dual core MCU running at 480Mhz is something challenging if originally your application is running at the perf limit of the current MCUs.

So in my opinion, you need first to evaluate the CPU load of your actual MCU.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.