cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop mode current with NUCLEO-32

LaurentLef
Associate II

Hi,

I am using the NUCLEO-32 STM32L011 kit and I want to put the MCU in stop mode to measure Idd. Everything seems to be going well but when I measure the current, this is 2.5µA versus 0.5µA announced in the datasheet when the stop mode is activated with the RTC active.

The measurement is performed on the JP1 connector therefore with a supply voltage of 3.3V.

I don't see what other components could consume this 2µA more, does anyone have an idea?

17 REPLIES 17
AScha.3
Chief II

swd / jtag lines are all disconnected ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @LaurentLef​,

Try to check if all free pins are set as analog.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

LaurentLef
Associate II

Hi,

Thanks for these answers.

I run in release mode so the debugger is disabled.

Before entry in stop mode, I configure all GPIOs in input analog mode.

AScha.3
Chief II

hi,

>the debugger is disabled < , yes. but not disconnected !

remove the jumpers - to be shure, no current can go there.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
LaurentLef
Associate II

On the NUCLEO32-STM32L011 kit, there is no jumper on the SWCLK and SWDIO signals.

AScha.3
Chief II

ok, right. so...just test, that there is no voltage .

Piranha
Chief II

Most likely the DBG_CR register is not reset.

Read more details about it there:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001bnh8dSAA/how-to-enter-standby-or-shutdown-mode-on-stm32

LaurentLef
Associate II

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

To test consumption in STOP mode as simply as possible, I modified my software as follows:

1- Disable debug in low-power mode

2- Enable Low Power RUN

3- Disable RTC wake up

4- Disable SysTick interrupts

5- Configure all GPIOs in analog

6- Disable GPIOs clock

7- Enter in STOP mode with no return (RTC wake-up disable in step 3)

I measure the consumption during phases 1 to 4: Idd = 37µA, which is consistent for operation at 131072hz in MSI.

I measure the consumption in stop mode (after step 7): Idd=2.5µA, always 2.2µA more.

I don't understand why this overconsumption is my software or the NUCLEO-32 STM32L011 kit?

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @LaurentLef​,

Please check the parameters mentioned in the DS11100 and precisely in table 33 (as shown below).

0693W00000WIPQ3QAP.png 

Thank you for your contribution in the ST community.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.