cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H725RG Maximum ADC Clock Rate in 16-bit Mode

KYin.2
Associate II

I was reading this application note which lists maximum clock rates for the ADC on the STM32H7 for the various packages at different resolutions

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00628458-getting-started-with-the-stm32h7-series-mcu-16bit-adc-stmicroelectronics.pdf

However, it appears to have been written before the release of the STM32H723/H725 product lines which feature the VFQFPN-68 package, and the aforementioned application note does not include clock rates for the package in question. The datasheet for the part does not list a maximum clock rate for the different resolutions, just a maximum silicon limited clock rate for the different voltage scaling levels. I have been unable to find an updated version of that application note.

I am considering the STM32H725RG for a motor control application, and would like to know what the maximum adc clock rate for that package is. I would guess that it would be between that of the BGA100 and LQFP100 packages, leaning towards the BGA since it has no leads.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @KYin.2​ ,

You are right; STM32H72x devices are not yet supported in AN5354 and it needs update. I'll raise your request internally.

Looking for ADC characteristics on STM32H725RG, the reference is the datasheet.

Check the section "6.3.22 16-bit ADC characteristics", all details you need will be found there.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KYin.2
Associate II

Hi @Amel NASRI​,

Thank you for your quick reply.

So, the datasheet does give performance characteristics of the ADC (ENOB, etc.) and states that those performance values are guaranteed ONLY for the BGA package at 25MHz.

The other sections of the datasheet simply give a max clock rate based off the voltage scaling, and there are no other numbers given for the maximum clock rate to ensure ADC performance.

When could I expect the document to be updated?

Thank you.