Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 USB HID Driver

KGane.1
Associate III

Hello All,

Greetings,

This post is regarding USB in STM32H7 series. In my project STM32H743 is used as custom HID. My board is used in 5 different configurations(5 PID/Device).  I am using firmware package of STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.10.0 as a reference driver and USB HOST library from it.

All configurations are working fine in Win10 Host OS. I can establish connection and communicate to all 5 devices  simultaneously. However when i connect devices to Win7 Guest OS, the computer is crashing with BSOD error PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR. Always it happens when i connect 3rd device.

Looking into minidump in Win10 shows ntoskrnl is the cause for BSOD. 

Does the custom HID class/library implemented in STM32Cube compatible with Win7 HIDCLASS.sys & hidusb.sys drivers.

Anyone have observed similar problem?.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @KGane.1 

This issue is not related to the platform itself but may be due to the driver not being compatible with older OS versions. Ensure that your operating system has the latest updates and drivers installed or consider rolling back to a previously installed driver.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

I can establish connection and communicate to all 5 devices  simultaneously. 

This isn't possible with a single STM32H7. It has at most two USB controllers and can create two devices. Maybe you mean a composite device with 5 functions? Or one function with 5 HID sub-functions ('collections')?

Anyway all that is quite mature tech so even windows 7 [with SP1) should support it, if implemented correctly.