cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 Issue with DAC to ADC Internal Connection in CubeMX

RadekS
Associate II

Dear engineers,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently encountering an issue with the internal connection feature from DAC to ADC in CubeMX. Specifically, I cannot locate the ADC2 IN16 in the interface, and upon setting up the IN17: VDAC1_OUT2 Channel, CubeMX continuously loads without completing the process.

I have attempted to resolve this issue by using different versions of CubeMX, starting a new project, and even testing it on various computers, yet the problem persists. Could this be a bug in the software, or might I be missing a step in the setup process?

Thank you for looking into this matter and for your ongoing support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @RadekS 

This issue is solved on the new release of the STM32CubeMX (V6.12.0).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you please indicate which STM32H7 exact part number are you using?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @RadekS and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Could you please add more details on your description (What MCU are you using?  Can you add more details?  Can you add a .ioc file that reproduce the issue elaborated using the Last CubeMX version (V6.11.1).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

RadekS
Associate II

Thank you very much for your response. 

The version of the IDE: STMicroelectronics STM32CubeIDE 1.15.1
The version of the CubeMX: 6.11.1-RC2
The chip I working on is: STM32H723ZG
FW HW: STM32Cube FW_H7 V1.11.2

You can (hopefully) reproduce the issue by:
1) File -> New -> STM32 Project
2) Choose the MCU: STM32H723ZGT6
3) Finish the configuration of the project. Accept the default configuration.

Now we can see that ADC2 IN16 is missing.

RadekS_0-1715700138015.png

4) Set up the DAC1_OUT2 to peripherals:

RadekS_1-1715700226138.png

5) Setting the ADC2 IN17 leading to infinite loading:

RadekS_3-1715700424118.png

Saving the ioc file now break the application as you cannot do anything anymore.

I attach the .ioc file of this new project before changing the IN17.

Thank you very much for cooperation.

Hello @RadekS 

I've been able to reproduce this issue and I've report it to the concerned team for correction (under internal ticket number 181386).

Thanks again for reporting.

Best regards.

STTwo-32

RadekS
Associate II

Thank you for promptly addressing the issue I reported. I appreciate your efforts in reproducing the problem and escalating it to the concerned team.

While we await a permanent fix, could you please advise if there is a possible workaround or temporary solution that we might employ? Any guidance you can provide would be extremely helpful to maintain our workflow.

Thanks again for your support and cooperation.

The workaround until fix is to implement it directly to the code after the generation from CubeMX.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @RadekS 

This issue is solved on the new release of the STM32CubeMX (V6.12.0).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

In CubeMX 6.12.0 for STM32H755BITx, I can not select DAC1_OUT2 to be monitored by ADC IN17.  IN17 is not available for section - CubeMX skips from IN16 to IN18.

djanovy_0-1722294945964.png