cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7, Can't select VOS1 in STM32CubeMX

banelapel
Associate II

I can't seem to figure out how to get STM32CubeMX to let me select VOS1 for an STM32H755.

I'm using direct SMPS supply. In an older version of CubeMX, I was running VOS0 and 480MHz, but I see that that is not allowed anymore (Have to use LDO for it, which I didn't set up my board for). So I want to run at 400MHz, but CubeMX won't let me select anything but VOS2 or VOS3, which limits me to 300MHz, which doesn't work for me.

Even if I select LDO, though, CubeMX is only presenting VOS2 or VOS3. What am I missing? I know this used to work in an older version...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When creating the project, you picked the wrong temperature range device. Even though cubemx doesn't show you ANYWHERE, as near as I can tell, what temperature range device you picked, it DOES remember it, and blocks those two options behind it.

Close the project, open the .ioc file in notepad, and look for Mcu.CPN= line, and change the "3" suffix to a "6". Save, and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Asd Dsa​ ,

Could you please check the " Product Revision " and make sure you are using the revision V.

check also this thread.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TKuo.1
Associate III

Hi, I also run into this problem. After I create a empty project for STM32H55, I don't see the VOS0 or VOS1 even though I am using PWR_LDO_SUPPLY and revision V. What am I missing here?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bVe69QAC.png

When creating the project, you picked the wrong temperature range device. Even though cubemx doesn't show you ANYWHERE, as near as I can tell, what temperature range device you picked, it DOES remember it, and blocks those two options behind it.

Close the project, open the .ioc file in notepad, and look for Mcu.CPN= line, and change the "3" suffix to a "6". Save, and you should be good to go.

It wasn't that. It was the wrong temperature range device selected. As near as I can tell, CubeMX doesn't display, anywhere, the temperature range of the device that you initially selected, but it does remember it in the IOC file, and blocks off those two VOS settings.

As VOS0 and VOS1 are not valid at the extended temperature ranges, it seems that if you picked the extended temp range device, MX blocks you from picking them entirely.

I'd rather it posted a warning or something, but at least it's easy to fix.

Editing the file in a text editor to move it from a "3" to a "6" device fixes the issue.

Thank you for the reply, it works now. It turns out that even though I select the MCU with 6 suffix when creating project, the generated ioc still has the 3 suffix one.