cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H503RB I3C private communication

GLee.16
Associate

Hi all.

I tried to communicate(private) with my I3C slave device using STM32H503RB board.

To communicate with my device, I need to specify register address to write/read data.

i.e. Frame = (Start with Slave ID w/ W=0) + (register address w/ W=0) + (data to be written)

Is there any I3C HAL Functions like "I2C_Mem_Write"?

What I only found is "HAL_I3C_Ctrl_Transmit" which use default address pointer.

If there is no HAL Function doing that.

I want to know the work around for this.

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @GLee.16​ ,

For the private communication with the I3C target you can just send the address in the TXbuffer ( uint8_t TXbuffer [1] = {0x0F} for example ) and then you can do a Receive.

Now, there's not a functions similar to HAL_I2C_Mem_Read/HAL_I2C_Mem_Write for I3C.

For more details about private communication, please check the 9.8 Private read section in the I3C Application Note Introduction to I3C for STM32H5 series MCU - Application note

Hope I helped you!

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @GLee.16​ ,

For the private communication with the I3C target you can just send the address in the TXbuffer ( uint8_t TXbuffer [1] = {0x0F} for example ) and then you can do a Receive.

Now, there's not a functions similar to HAL_I2C_Mem_Read/HAL_I2C_Mem_Write for I3C.

For more details about private communication, please check the 9.8 Private read section in the I3C Application Note Introduction to I3C for STM32H5 series MCU - Application note

Hope I helped you!

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I appreciate for your help.

I checked my board is working

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster. 

Foued