cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32h5 vs stm32u5 series

etheory
Senior II

Hi there!

I was hoping that the H5 series would be like a faster U5 series but instead they seem to be very cut down in terms of features. i.e. the H5 looks like a faster crippled U5.

The U5 has graphics accelleration and HS USB but the H5 has neither.

Will there be a H5 line that's like a faster U5 at some point in the future?

What was the intended market sector for the U5 and H5 models? As a customer it seems confusing.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again @etheory 

Thank you for your interest in future STM32 products, to get details about the roadmap of our new products, I suggest you check with your FAE or local contact.

Thank you! 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @etheory

In fact H5 is not intended to be a faster U5 version, it's rather a continuity of F4 series that's part of the high performance MCUs category,  whereas the U5 belongs to the Ultra Low Power MCUs category.

You can refer to this presentation to know more about the H5 key features: microcontrollers-stm32h5-series-overview.pdf

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks @Sarra.S but if that's the case, why does the U5 have an onboard USB HS (which is a high performance feature) and the H5 only has an onboard USB FS phy? And same for the graphics accelerators? Which you could also argue are high-performance features and peripherals?

Are there any plans to release a 250MHz U5? Which to me would be far more useful that the current H5 range which is fast but lacks a lot of important peripherals?

Thanks!

Hello again @etheory 

Thank you for your interest in future STM32 products, to get details about the roadmap of our new products, I suggest you check with your FAE or local contact.

Thank you!