cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H5 Need bootloader pins

MBC
Associate III

As per errors in AN2606 and this thread https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/stm32h5-bootloader-uses-usart-pins-that-do-not-match-roles-in/m-p/594610#M224078

I need the correct pins that STM32H563/STM32H573 use for USART1/2/3 and FD-CAN bootloader.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MBC , 
For USART the correct pins are : 

USART1_RX : PA10
USART1_TX : PA9

USART2_RX : PA3
USART2_TX : PA2

USART3_RX : PD9
USART3_TX : PD8

For FDCAN the correct pins are : 

FDCAN2_RX : PB5
FDCAN2_TX : PB13

The AN2606 will be updated soon.
Thank you! 

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @MBC , 

I think for FDCAN bootloader the pins used for STM32H563/STM32H573 are correct.
For the USART : 
USART2_Tx pin is PA3 instead of PA5
USART3_Tx pin is PD8 instead of PA4

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MBC
Associate III

Can you double check those CAN pins? Because PB5 and PB13 are on almost every package on completely different sides of the chip. Now, on the CMOS side, these aren't a differential signal, but still... It seems really strange to have pairs of CAN pins all over the chip, then for the bootloader use two completely different sides of the package when at least four pairs are available on most chips. Plus, AN2606 mentions this as FDCAN1, but those pins are FDCAN2.

Also, I'm going to need you to double check the USART pins. Still doesn't look right to me. In fact, all that has changed is nothing because you only sent the TX pins, but overwrote the AN2606's RX pins.

USART2_ TX:  PA3 - you
USART2_TX: PA3 -  AN2606
USART2_RX: PA5 - AN2606
I'm assuming that you made a mistake and meant TX is PA2 and RX is PA3. Please confirm.

USART3_TX: PD8 - you
USART3_TX: PA4 - AN2606 (unlikely)
USART3_RX: PD9 - AN2606
I think this seems better with one issue. A few packages don't have D8/D9 pair at all. Does the bootloader on say a VQFN68 not have USART3 access?

This is not an inexpensive change if these are wrong, please confirm above! Thanks.

Hello @MBC , 
For USART the correct pins are : 

USART1_RX : PA10
USART1_TX : PA9

USART2_RX : PA3
USART2_TX : PA2

USART3_RX : PD9
USART3_TX : PD8

For FDCAN the correct pins are : 

FDCAN2_RX : PB5
FDCAN2_TX : PB13

The AN2606 will be updated soon.
Thank you! 

Foued

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @MBC , 

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 163148  (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Foued

MBC
Associate III

Moved follow-up question to a new thread

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello,

Rev60 is now published with corrections : STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode - Application note

Foued