cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0 CAN bus availability

stratom
Associate III

Hi,

The STM32G0 seems like a nice lineup for Mainstream MCUs.

For my product the specs would fit quite nicely, but I would need CAN bus support.

In several Presentations it is mentioned that some will support CAN FD (up to 2 instances), but I have not been able to find any neither in STM32CubeMX nor on st.com.

• Has anybody found out more details which STM32G0 will have CAN support?
  • When will those products be available for evaluation and production?

Thanks Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

​Hi and thanks for your interest for the STM32G0 Series. Indeed a very unique combo of great advantages for compactness, performance and cost  🙂 . The STM32G0B1 is expected to be released before end of this year 2020. It would support up to 512K Flash together with up to 144K RAM, up to 100pin and able to be as small as a 32pin package. I hope you'll enjoy.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Please note that this forum is primarily user-driven, with only casual ST presence.

And ST usually won't tell much of its plans for future products.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000A4nkLBSQY/stm32g0x1-usb

JW

stratom
Associate III

Thanks!

as nobody from ST responded here, I will try to contact them directly. Lets hope I will find out more.

Best Thomas

TB
Associate III

For about 80 cents more, the STM32G4 is much more powerful (ARM M4 with FPU and DSP instead of ARM M0+, much faster clock, supports CAN-FD). Unless your product is extremely cost sensitive, I reckon the G4 is the clear winner in the STM32G series. I briefly considered the G0 until finding out about the G4.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

https://i2.wp.com/blog.st.com/wp-content/uploads/stm32g0_portfolio.jpg?ssl=1 show a planned STM32G0B|C series, probably with CAN. But the G4 is also a good choice.

stratom
Associate III

I would prefer the STM32G0 mainly as an upgrade from STM32F0, as it supports CAN-FD and adds several Security features and (hopefully) still for a good price.

The Cortex M0+ is more than sufficient for these projects.

Lets hope they release these STM32G0B|C series really in H1-2020.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Perhaps try yo talk yo your distributor to get early access.

​Hi and thanks for your interest for the STM32G0 Series. Indeed a very unique combo of great advantages for compactness, performance and cost  🙂 . The STM32G0B1 is expected to be released before end of this year 2020. It would support up to 512K Flash together with up to 144K RAM, up to 100pin and able to be as small as a 32pin package. I hope you'll enjoy.