cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411CEU chip Revision Codes ?

eBirdman
Senior

Hi, What are the revisions of the STM32F411CEU6 chip?

The ERRATA doc from STM mentions only revision "A" . Are there other revisions?

I received board with revision "1" .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ST does not update errata too often, especially not for the lesser-exposed models. Often there are revisions related to migration of production to a different fab, with no impact on functionality.

Please note that this is a primarily user-driven forum with only casual ST presence. You may want to ask your question ST directly, through FAE or the web support form.

JW

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ST does not update errata too often, especially not for the lesser-exposed models. Often there are revisions related to migration of production to a different fab, with no impact on functionality.

Please note that this is a primarily user-driven forum with only casual ST presence. You may want to ask your question ST directly, through FAE or the web support form.

JW

eBirdman
Senior

Thank you Jan. This is very likely that this revision number is from a new fab . But I will contact ST support to verify.

This one is out of TSMC Fab14, Taiwan 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
eBirdman
Senior

Thank you Tesla, I don't need ST tech support now...

Can you please share the secret? Where do you get this information? What is a way to identify the fab?

eBirdman
Senior

Anyways I received a confirmation from ST support that this version "1" is authentic revision of this chip, functionally the same as release "A" but produced in a different fab. Also they will update the errata doc to show this release.

The 9R code is TSMC Fab14, Taiwan, the "A" parts look to be VQ which is Crolles, France

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..