cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM3210E-EVAL - USB CDC (Virtual Port Com) - is there a small example?

Rassi
Associate II

Hello.
I am trying to establish a USB CDC connection with a Windows 10 computer using the STM3210E-EVAL. I can't get it to work. After starting, I connect the board to the PC via USB and the following message appears in the device manager:

Geräte-Manager.png

Eigenschaften von Unbekanntes USB-Gerät.png

Is there a small example somewhere that shows how data is received and sent via USB-CDC?

Thank you, and greetings
Rasmus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rassi
Associate II

Hello.
Solved. It seems that when I create a project for the STM3210E_EVAL developer board and apply the board-specific settings, the USB communication does not work.
I created a project for the controller and not for the developer board in which USB was included. It works with this project.

Greetings
Rasmus

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Rassi,

Check you're using the right USB peripheral. Try another cable.

Please have a look at CDC example within STM32CubeF1 MCU package: \STM32Cube_FW_F1_Vx.x.x\Projects\STM3210E_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone

This is a typical example on how to use the STM32F1xx USB Device peripheral following the Virtual COM Port (VCP) implementation.

In order to make the program work, you must follow the instructions and configurations mentioned in the readme file.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Rassi
Associate II

Hello.
Thank you for the quick reply.
Where can I find the examples?
I found something on GITHUB. Unfortunately, this project cannot be compiled without errors.

STM3210E_EVAL_STM3210E_EVAL_converter.log - STM32CubeIDE.png

2- STM3210E_EVAL_STM3210E_EVAL_converter.log - STM32CubeIDE.png

Thank you, and greetings
Rasmus

Rassi
Associate II

Hello.
Solved. It seems that when I create a project for the STM3210E_EVAL developer board and apply the board-specific settings, the USB communication does not work.
I created a project for the controller and not for the developer board in which USB was included. It works with this project.

Greetings
Rasmus