cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RM0360 and stm32f030xc.h TIM7 IRQ discrepancy

Haruki
Associate

I am designing a board based around the STM32F030RC, and noticed an apparent discrepancy on IRQ18 between materials.

STM32CubeMX allows both TIM6 and TIM7 to generate interrupts, and the stm32f030xc.h file it generates defines TIM6 as IRQ17 and TIM7 as IRQ18. However, the RM0360 Reference Manual claims that IRQ18 is Reserved, and does not list an interrupt for TIM7, only for TIM6.

My question is: is IRQ18 generated by TIM7 like STM32CubeMX claims or is it Reserved like RM0360 claims?

/*!< Interrupt Number Definition */
typedef enum
{
/******  Cortex-M0 Processor Exceptions Numbers **************************************************************/

/******  STM32F0 specific Interrupt Numbers ******************************************************************/
  TIM1_BRK_UP_TRG_COM_IRQn    = 13,     /*!< TIM1 Break, Update, Trigger and Commutation Interrupt           */
  TIM1_CC_IRQn                = 14,     /*!< TIM1 Capture Compare Interrupt                                  */
  TIM3_IRQn                   = 16,     /*!< TIM3 global Interrupt                                           */
  TIM6_IRQn                   = 17,     /*!< TIM6 global Interrupt                                           */
  TIM7_IRQn                   = 18,     /*!< TIM7 global Interrupt                                           */
  TIM14_IRQn                  = 19,     /*!< TIM14 global Interrupt                                          */
  TIM15_IRQn                  = 20,     /*!< TIM15 global Interrupt                                          */
  TIM16_IRQn                  = 21,     /*!< TIM16 global Interrupt                                          */
  TIM17_IRQn                  = 22,     /*!< TIM17 global Interrupt                                          */
} IRQn_Type;

STM32CubeMXSTM32CubeMXTable 31. Vector tableTable 31. Vector table

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Haruki 

After discutient with the concerned person, I can confirm that the IRQ18 is the TIM7 IRQ, so, I've created the internal ticket number 191296 for correction on the coming releases of the Doc RM0360.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Haruki and welcome to the ST Community. 

I will check with the concerned team and i will be back to you ASAP.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Haruki 

After discutient with the concerned person, I can confirm that the IRQ18 is the TIM7 IRQ, so, I've created the internal ticket number 191296 for correction on the coming releases of the Doc RM0360.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32