cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riverdi diplay with STM32H7 and external PHY.

ngrigoriadis
Senior

Hello! I would like to know if I could connect my riverdi screen through expansion connector that provides with the external PHY LAN8720, or the only way is by PoE of riverdi. Can anyone provide some information about this? The datasheet of the screen has some headers which they have already init with protocols like I2C SPI CAN and e.t.c. Can I configure them for my purpose in order to connect with LAN8720?

The screen name: RVT101HVSNWC00-B.

The screen datasheet: https://riverdi.com/download/RVT101HVSNWC00-B/DS_RVT101HVSNWC00-B_Rev.1.4.pdf

The addon PoE from Riverdi : https://riverdi.com/product/stm32h7-poe-add-on.

The reason that I am asking is because through CubeMX cant configure the pins as I want and also I already have this PHY (LAN8720).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Generally, if an alternate function is available on more one GPIO pin you could modify it in CubeMx. If the alternate function is available only in one GPIO pin you cannot do anything. So please check your shield connection + availability of the alternate functions you need by referring to the datasheet.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bob S
Principal

Why did you start another thread on this???  Please don't do that.  See https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/riverdi-display-connection-with-external-phy/td-p/588621

> CubeMX cant configure the pins as I want

What is it that you "want" that CubeMX cannot do?  If it cannot configure the RMII/MII pins to match the display's expansion connector then something is wrong with the display design (unlikely) or your reading of the data sheets.

And again (from the other thread), how will you connect your LAN8720 to the expansion connector?

Sorry about that. I though that I could connect the LAN8720 with the riverdi through the expansion connector that the display has. Although, CubeMX by default initialize some RMII gpio pins that are not at this connector. So I dont know what to do that way I am asking.

The Data Sheet for the STM32 part on the board should give a definitive answer as to the pins available and usable related to Ethernet interfacing.

Riverdi presumably has support options for their products or can direct you to engineers or contractors with specific experience with their boards.

CubeMX can play "will it blend" with the pin tables and descriptions it has. For the most part it can detect what pins you have, and which are viable for specific peripheral escape options.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello,

Generally, if an alternate function is available on more one GPIO pin you could modify it in CubeMx. If the alternate function is available only in one GPIO pin you cannot do anything. So please check your shield connection + availability of the alternate functions you need by referring to the datasheet.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.