cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Replacement Microcontroller with ECC SRAM and Higher Operating Range

ManjuMulimani
Associate II

I have chosen the STM32F765ZIT7 for my project due to its suitable number of pins and bus interfaces. However, this microcontroller does not support Error Correction Code (ECC) for SRAM. Therefore, I kindly request your recommendation for the best replacement for the STM32F765ZIT7 that includes ECC for SRAM and offers a higher operating temperature range.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The H7, H5, and U5 families have optional ECC on SRAM.

A few chips in each of those families can go up to 125 C. Same with the other families. Here are a few in the H7 family:

TDK_1-1725412740541.png

I'd suggest picking the most suitable family, then picking a chip with the package/features and temperature range you want from within that family. The STM32H7 family has the same core (Cortex M7) as the STM32F7 family. Perhaps that's best.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

There's a tool in CubeMX/CubeIDE to find equivalent / pin compatible parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

The H7, H5, and U5 families have optional ECC on SRAM.

A few chips in each of those families can go up to 125 C. Same with the other families. Here are a few in the H7 family:

TDK_1-1725412740541.png

I'd suggest picking the most suitable family, then picking a chip with the package/features and temperature range you want from within that family. The STM32H7 family has the same core (Cortex M7) as the STM32F7 family. Perhaps that's best.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ManjuMulimani
Associate II

Thanks for the information. I am specifically looking at the LQFP144 configuration. I noticed that both the STM32H745ZIT3 and STM32H745ZIT6 microcontrollers are available on Mouser.com. However, I am confused about the differences between the two. What do the suffixes ZIT3 and ZIT6 mean?

Additionally, I saw on Mouser.com that the ZIT3 supports a temperature range up to 125°C, while the ZIT6 supports up to 85°C. This seems contradictory to what I expected. Could you clarify the correct temperature ranges for these models?

Lastly, both processors are listed as having Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M7 cores. Is this information accurate?

ZIT3:

ManjuMulimani_0-1725463811247.png

ZIT6:

ManjuMulimani_1-1725463873415.png

Hello,

First I think the original question has been answered. 

For your last question, you need to refer to the datasheet:

SofLit_1-1725465776468.png

SofLit_0-1725465725016.png

In summary:

3 is the industrial line and you can reach 125°C without exceeding 300MHz @VOS2.

6 is the "regular temp range" and you can't exceed 85°C but you can reach 480MHz @VOS0.

So it depends on your application and on which environment will be deployed.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

> STM32H745ZIT3 and STM32H745ZIT6

> Lastly, both processors are listed as having Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M7 cores. Is this information accurate?

These are dual core processors that have both an M7 and an M4 core. There are also single core STM32H7 chips that only have an M7 core.

ManjuMulimani
Associate II

Can you provide the list of single core STM32H7 with higher temperature range >105 C. I couldn't find it in mouser.com. Thank you!

@ManjuMulimani wrote:

Can you provide the list of single core STM32H7 with higher temperature range >105 C. I couldn't find it in mouser.com. Thank you!

You can use CubeMx for that:

SofLit_1-1725471011258.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

STM32H725 and STM32H735 are the only single core STM32H7 chips with up to 125 C operating temp.

ManjuMulimani
Associate II

Hi,

I have decided to use the STM32H573xx microcontroller. According to the datasheet, there are two versions: one with SMPS and one with LDO. My requirements specify not to use the SMPS, so I chose the STM32H573ZIT3, which does not have the 'Q' suffix indicating the SMPS feature. However, I am unable to find the LDO version available for sale on any websites, and it is not listed on Silicon Expert. Could you please advise why the LDO version is not being sold and suggest a solution for obtaining it for my project?