cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 2020 STM32 wishlist

This is probably the promised replacement.

[Edit 2023] Link above lead to Ideas, a section mostly ignored by ST (TouchFX crew being exception) and ultimately removed together with content i.e. user wishes when migrating to Khoros [/EDIT]

Pity. It's been a nice tradition.

JW

PS. Following is my 2020 STM32 wishlist. I'm not going to dump it to that new place. Anybody feel free to cherry-pick and post there, if you feel so.

Others have asked for:

• more 32-bit timers
  • chips with smaller and/or more prototyping-friendly packages
  • better GPIO/AF matrix
  • use the wide ADC MUX also as input MUX to OPAMP/PGA
  • more transparent software update process (public bug tracker), maybe even open (parts of ) it to external contributions
  • more chips with integrated HS USB PHY
  • shared address/data bus (i.e. stripped-down pin requirement, possibly fitting into 100-pin devices) for SDRAM, as Tiva do https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000003xcVSSAY/how-to-configure-sdram-on-100-pin-h7
11 REPLIES 11
re.wolff9
Senior

> DTCM-SRAM working with DMA.

The way I understand things, the "tightly coupled" RAMs are faster because they don't have that many connections. So the idea of the TCM is that it doesn't have DMA capability and therefore has higher performance for the CPU alone.

Asantos
Senior

STM32H7 is the only cortex-m7 on the market where DTCM does not work with DMA. For example, the I.MX RT from NXP runs at 600MHZ and the DTCM works with DMA. The DTCM of the STM32F7 also works with DMA.