cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My kingdom for some samples! (STM32L4 + LQFP48 + DFSDM)

gregstm
Senior III

Yes, I have tried contacting the local ST sales reps here in Australia - no response.

Sorry, I've resisted asking this question for a fair while because I know many have greater need.

But I thought I would ask this question just in case there is a secret stash of samples held somewhere to help people keep developing their software/prototypes.

I need half a dozen STM32L4 chips, LQFP48 with DFSDM - ie. either the STM32L451, STM32L452 or STM32L462.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, ST continues to handle and communicate this all very poorly.

>>But I thought I would ask this question just in case there is a secret stash of samples held somewhere to help people keep developing their software/prototypes.

As someone who's watched this unravel, I think that threshold was crossed 18 months ago, and we're still another 18 months from resolution, and any kind of normal. And a strong possibility of some conflict or recession/depression.

A lot of dusty stockroom inventory has already been pushed out via brokers.

I also stumbled into this last night, looking into reports that quarterly delivery commitments had been missed, and delivery reported as "unknown"

https://www.eetimes.eu/power-line-fire-halts-production-at-st-soitec-fabs-in-grenoble/

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Javier1
Principal

buy 6 nucleo boards in mouser and desolder those mcus...?

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
Paul1
Lead

Saw some STM32451C on here: https://octopart.com/

*For suppliers you haven't used before I recommend due diligence in evaluating them before sending any funds

(I made a previous post about this, and also listed a bunch of alternate suppliers I've used that can supply hard to find parts).

Paul

Thanks, I think the Nucleo l452 boards use 64 pin chips - I need the LQFP48 pin package. If I get desperate, I might buy the QFN 48 package and try to adapt it (or more likely destroy it trying to adapt it...)

Thanks, I see they have QFN packages, but I am after the LQFP48 package.

Yes, ST continues to handle and communicate this all very poorly.

>>But I thought I would ask this question just in case there is a secret stash of samples held somewhere to help people keep developing their software/prototypes.

As someone who's watched this unravel, I think that threshold was crossed 18 months ago, and we're still another 18 months from resolution, and any kind of normal. And a strong possibility of some conflict or recession/depression.

A lot of dusty stockroom inventory has already been pushed out via brokers.

I also stumbled into this last night, looking into reports that quarterly delivery commitments had been missed, and delivery reported as "unknown"

https://www.eetimes.eu/power-line-fire-halts-production-at-st-soitec-fabs-in-grenoble/

Oh dear... thanks for the insight into what has/is going on. I will put that hardware project aside and concentrate on my software for the coming months....

good luck mate

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Australia? You dealing with Braemac ?

The irony here is that ST spends so much money on marketing to small businesses and makers, students, hobbyists, etc, but the sales-prevention team, and distribution channels only want to catch whales..

Pavel A.
Evangelist III