cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD cards communication using NUCLEO-L433RC-P

DYann.1
Senior

I would like to set up communication with a micro SD (or SD) card to save the data. I am planning to work with the NUCLEO card, I guess the communication is through the SPI interface. Do you know that libraries etc ... 

Thanks for your helps

The nucleo card is NUCLEO-L433RC-P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

STM32L433RC chip has an SDMMC interface so you can communicate with your SD card with it. You have to port for example, the example provided in STM32CubeL4 under \Projects\STM32L476G-EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD_Standalone.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

You can download STM32L4 software package from there:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubel4.html

and have a look at the following projects which use SD over SPI + FatFS:

Projects\NUCLEO-L452RE\Demonstrations\Adafruit_LCD_1_8_SD_Joystick

or

Projects\NUCLEO-L412RB-P\Demonstrations\Adafruit_LCD_1_8_SD_Joystick

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

STM32L433RC chip has an SDMMC interface so you can communicate with your SD card with it. You have to port for example, the example provided in STM32CubeL4 under \Projects\STM32L476G-EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD_Standalone.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi SofLit,

It's mean that I must first buy the NUCLEO card to have the example or can I view the example without having the card for the moment ? Thank

Hello,

STM32CubeL4 is available for free and there is no condition to have it, except a login to ST website.

You can download STM32CubeL4 from this link.

Thank you, but It's mean I must install a software STM32CubeL4 ? I have a PC dedicated for STM32 development but which will arrive later (currently shortage) and I don't want to install the STM32 software on my current computer (risk of conflict with existing software). Can I view only the code under Notepad ++ for example (to understand the code first) ?

You don't have to install anything to just view the code. The package is provided in .c/.h/.s files.

Just download the package and unzip it.

DYann.1
Senior

0693W00000GY8y6QAD.png

DYann.1
Senior

This one ?

Yes.