cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LORA E5 grove module

YoussefElbattah
Associate III

Hello,

I'm currently sending AT commands to the Grove LoRa E5 module from Seed Studio, when I send commands like "AT," there is no response from the module. I've connected the module to the USART of the STM32L476RG board. If anyone has encountered and resolved a similar issue, i'd greatly appreciate your help.

Best Regards.

5 REPLIES 5

Debugging doesn't require others to have done it previously.

Diagram exactly how you have it wired.

Common ground, TX-RX crossed over to the L4

Show code / baud rate settings, check baud rate, default assume is 9600 8N1

Check if it is in data mode, try +++ escape sequence

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
YoussefElbattah
Associate III

I am using the Seed Shield for wiring purposes. I am unsure about the process of sending commands. Do I simply need to initialize the UART with a baud rate of 9600, or is there a specific code that I should implement for this purpose?

You have the NUCLEO-L476RG board?

Link to this "Seed Shield" board, and the connectors used/connects to the "Grove LoRa E5"

Is it connecting to a UART or I2C Grove connector? Which UART on the NUCLEO are you using?

Does that conflict with the ST-LINK's UART connectivity? Using the Arduino D0/D1 pins?

You should be able to send "AT\r\n" via a HAL_UART_Transmit() function. Make a wrapper fuction to manage strings. Perhaps have a HAL_UART_ReceiveIT() method set up to catch responses that could be immediate. Perhaps get a scope on the signals so you can confirm things are happening.

https://files.seeedstudio.com/products/317990687/res/LoRa-E5%20AT%20Command%20Specification_V1.0%20.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes I am using the NUCLEO-L476RG board, and i am using arduino shield and connect lora with UART not I2C.

I am able to send "AT\r\n" via UART and i can see it in the terminal but when i send AT command via serial i got no response from lora.

When i send a caracter via uart and send it back using HAL_UART_Receive and HAL_UART_Transmit i am able to see it in the serial.

I am using this shield and i am connecting lora with UART to it : https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Base_Shield_V2/

YoussefElbattah
Associate III

Hi,

This is my code :

int main(void)
{
  /* USER CODE BEGIN 1 */

/* USER CODE END 1 */

/* MCU Configuration--------------------------------------------------------*/

/* Reset of all peripherals, Initializes the Flash interface and the Systick. */
  HAL_Init();

/* USER CODE BEGIN Init */

/* USER CODE END Init */

/* Configure the system clock */
  SystemClock_Config();

/* USER CODE BEGIN SysInit */

/* USER CODE END SysInit */

/* Initialize all configured peripherals */
  MX_GPIO_Init();
  MX_USART2_UART_Init();
  MX_USART1_UART_Init();
  /* USER CODE BEGIN 2 */
  char command[50] ;
  char response[50];
  char message1[] = "uart 1 receive\n";
  char message2[] = "uart 2 receive\n";

/* USER CODE END 2 */
  /* Infinite loop */
  /* USER CODE BEGIN WHILE */
  while (1)
  {
    /* USER CODE END WHILE */

/* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */
	  if(__HAL_UART_GET_FLAG(&huart1, UART_FLAG_RXNE) == SET){
		  HAL_UART_Transmit(&huart2, (uint8_t*)message1, strlen(message1), HAL_MAX_DELAY);
		  HAL_UART_Receive(&huart1, (uint8_t*)response, strlen(response), HAL_MAX_DELAY);
		  HAL_UART_Transmit(&huart2, (uint8_t*)response, strlen(response), HAL_MAX_DELAY);
	  }

if(__HAL_UART_GET_FLAG(&huart2, UART_FLAG_RXNE) == SET){
		  HAL_UART_Transmit(&huart2, (uint8_t*)message2, strlen(message2), HAL_MAX_DELAY);
		  HAL_UART_Receive(&huart2, (uint8_t*)command, strlen(command), HAL_MAX_DELAY);
		  HAL_UART_Transmit(&huart1, (uint8_t*)command, strlen(command), HAL_MAX_DELAY);
	  }

}
  /* USER CODE END 3 */
}

I am using USART1 for lora and USART2 for Serial.

Best regards,