cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to read from multiple channels of same timer in input capture mode...?

MSkar
Associate

Hi ,

My name is Midhun .I want to know is it possible to read from multiple channels of same timer in input capture mode...?

I am using Stm32f401RE Nucleo board ,Using MDK ver 5.0 on KEIL IDE.

Our project includes a multitude of optical encoder units which we used to find the position of dc motors associated with it .Is it is possible to access multiple encoder unit reading which are connected to different channels of a particular timer ,If yes how to read value by addressing the timer channel specifically using the HAL API functions..?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can use all the channels of one timer in input capture mode, you'll read the captured value from TIMx_CCRx registers. I don't use Cube, don't know the incantation for that, sorry.

You can't use the "encoder mode" (in the slave-mode controller) on other than CH1+CH2, though, if you'd intend to use that mode.

Read the TIM chapter in RM.

JW

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes you can use all the channels of one timer in input capture mode, you'll read the captured value from TIMx_CCRx registers. I don't use Cube, don't know the incantation for that, sorry.

You can't use the "encoder mode" (in the slave-mode controller) on other than CH1+CH2, though, if you'd intend to use that mode.

Read the TIM chapter in RM.

JW

Thank you very much for the information . It helped us solving my problem