cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use BNRG2A1 in low power mode with STM32F401re

Nikhil Gayke
Associate III

I am trying to a develop application that have Temperature sensor and i want to send data to app. but when the device is not connected then i want to put BNRG2A1 in low power mode. what is the way to do that i am using X-CUBE-BLE2 software package in that no example provided about low power mode.@Sebastien DENOUAL​ @s2​ @s23​ @s239955_stm1_st​ @AStev.4​ @salbuquerque9​ @a239955_st​ @s239955_stm1_stmicro​ 

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Nikhil Gayke​ ,

Have a look at this UM2667 "Getting started with the X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1" this will help you on how to use BNRG2A1 with the STM32 Nucleo.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

0693W00000HnuuLQAR.png@Imen DAHMEN​ Ya that's right but i want to develop the battery operated devices for that i want use BNRG2A1 in low power mode. In the repository there is no example provide about low power mode.

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ I have the same question as @Nikhil Gayke​ and UM2667 does not provide any details on putting the BRNG2A1 into a low power mode that I can see.

What SW and HW steps are required to put the BRNG2A1 into a low power mode?

1. Call aci_gap_terminate() if there is a valid connection.
  2. Wait for hci_disconnection_complete_event()
  3. Wait 100ms (as stated in the BLUENRG-2 middleware help file for function aci_gap_terminate().... A hci_disconnection_complete_event event will be generated when the link is disconnected. It is important to leave an 100 ms blank window before sending any new command (including system hardware reset), since immediately after hci_disconnection_complete_event event, system could save important information in non volatile memory. ")
  4. Call hci_reset()

Should the host put the HCI_TL_RST Pin in a certain state?