cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve the problem with: 1. " Error: No STM32 target found!". 2. "Error in final launch sequence: Failed to start GDB server Failed to start GDB server Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: (4) No device found on target."

PWaiba
Associate II

--The first error encounters while trying to connect the board (STM32H7A3ZI-Q) with STM32Cube Programmer at normal mode.

--The second error encounters while trying to upload a code through STM32Cube IDE.

However, when I try to connect the board with STM32Cube Programmer at power down mode, it successfully connect .

Hence, being a naïve in this area, I hope everyone helps me out to find the solutions. Thank you.0693W00000D0ZRiQAN.png0693W00000D0ZRYQA3.png0693W00000D0ZRTQA3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JNguyen
Senior

I had the similar problem with H725 MCU which maybe the same root cause. If new STLink fw doesn't fix it, check these:

1. make sure selection of power supply scheme in your code matches with your Nucleo-H7A3. If not, correct the selection
  2. After correcting selection of power supply scheme, you may have to do "erase chip" since the MCU was already programmed with wrong ps sheme
  3. follow this link to "erase chip" and other possible fixes https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-to-STM32H7-devices

good luck

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @PWaiba​ and welcome to the Community,

Your STLink firmware version is an old version.

So, please try to upgrate your STLink firmware. Then keep me informed about your update.

When your issue is sloved, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
JNguyen
Senior

I had the similar problem with H725 MCU which maybe the same root cause. If new STLink fw doesn't fix it, check these:

1. make sure selection of power supply scheme in your code matches with your Nucleo-H7A3. If not, correct the selection
  2. After correcting selection of power supply scheme, you may have to do "erase chip" since the MCU was already programmed with wrong ps sheme
  3. follow this link to "erase chip" and other possible fixes https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-to-STM32H7-devices

good luck

0693W00000D0ZRiQAN.png0693W00000D13ffQAB.pngAlthough the upgrade is successful, the error still encounters while uploading the code as cited in the picture.

I followed the link and found that the issue was with my power configuration. By following the steps there, my issue is solved. Thank you @Community member​ .

GFrid.2
Associate II

Check for proper placement of the target board's power supply jumper, often labeled with selections: E5V, STLK, USB.