cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure the power consumption of discovery board?

Lfu.11
Associate II

I am developing a application with STM32F746G discovery board with my sensor, and I reference AN4749 to design a lop-power control flow.

But I don't know how to measure/monitor/analyzing the power consumption to make sure whether my design is work or not.

Is there any software tool that can do this? Or I need to buy another hardware tool?

Thanks for any kind support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Remove JP1 and use a current monitor in its place.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Remove JP1 and use a current monitor in its place.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Lfu.11
Associate II

For now, my power supply is from USB(CN14).

Are you mean that I need to remove the jumper (5vlnkusb <-> 5v) and put my current monitor between those 2 pins?

Yes, it looks like all power comes through that connector. You could double check the schematic to be sure.

Got it, thanks. I will check it later.

wired
Senior III

And if you really want to know what's going on in your low-power battery-operated system, buy a Joulescope! Best product for everyday embedded engineers in the past decade, IMO! I just keep mine attached to the board I'm working on and run it continuously.