cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out which pins are interrupt enabled for the STM32L4A6AG??

NRoth.1
Associate II

Usually I find this information in the pin mapping description, e.g. for the device STM32L4A6AG I would have assumed to find it in section 4 "Pinouts and pin description", where all other stuff like SPI, I2C, FMC, EVENTOUT, TIM etc. are described.

LinkToDataSheet

Is there no pin interrupt enabled on that chip? Of course there are, but which one? What did I miss?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello NRoth.1,

I would like to welcome you to the ST community. Please check out the reference manual RM0351 and the description of NVIC and EXTI. You can set any GPIO pin for interrupt. There is up to 41 event/interrupt requests available from which 26 is configurable. The GPIOs are connected to 16 configurable interrupt/event lines  EXTI0 to EXTI15. So you can configure which pin on that line will generate the interrupt. For example for line EXTI0 you can choose pin PA0, PB0 and others. Of course not all pins must be available on the device. Other interrupt lines are used for peripherals.

Please click on Select as Best if my reply fully answered your question. This will help other users with the same problem to find the solution faster!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello NRoth.1,

I would like to welcome you to the ST community. Please check out the reference manual RM0351 and the description of NVIC and EXTI. You can set any GPIO pin for interrupt. There is up to 41 event/interrupt requests available from which 26 is configurable. The GPIOs are connected to 16 configurable interrupt/event lines  EXTI0 to EXTI15. So you can configure which pin on that line will generate the interrupt. For example for line EXTI0 you can choose pin PA0, PB0 and others. Of course not all pins must be available on the device. Other interrupt lines are used for peripherals.

Please click on Select as Best if my reply fully answered your question. This will help other users with the same problem to find the solution faster!

NRoth.1
Associate II

Hi Petr,

Thank you for your quick answer. Ah, okey. Well this is also an explanation, why it is hard to find 😊

Best regards and have a nice day.

Petr DAVID
ST Employee

I am glad I could help. You could also find useful this video available here. Which shows how to use the EXTI with HAL driver in STM32CubeIDE, but could be useful even when you are using different IDE.