cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i implement CANOpen protocol on STM32L4R9?

JTLGE
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using the STWIN SensorTile Wireless Industrial Node development board which has a micro Ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-M4 MCU at 120 MHz with FPU, 2048 kbytes Flash memory (STM32L4R9).

I need to interface with a device that uses CANopen, is it possible to implement this protocol on this micro with opensource libraries?

I have seen that there are st partners who can implement this but I have to pay them.

thank you very much for your availability.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

ST doesn't have its own implementation of CANOpen stack. The only solution we propose is a stack developed by a partner emotas.

Otherwise, you can make a search on the web and you can find some trials of CANOpen implementation on STM32.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

CANFestival is the one of opensource implementation of CANOpen: https://canfestival.org/

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JTLGE
Associate II

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion, I looked at the manual on https://canfestival.org/doc but it is not clear to me how I can implement it in my microcontroller.

I currently use STM32cubeide1.8.0 as my IDE, where can I find an implementation for the microcontroller stm?

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

ST doesn't have its own implementation of CANOpen stack. The only solution we propose is a stack developed by a partner emotas.

Otherwise, you can make a search on the web and you can find some trials of CANOpen implementation on STM32.